Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

C&C: Tiberium War
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RealDesertFox

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: C&C: Tiberium War Reply with quote

Anyone been following the (current working title) C&C: Tiberium War?

I have seen some concept art and read the first reports and it does seem a good game in the works.

Hell, I have been lucky enough to see that actual game shots (ok, so they were untextured, but still) anyone have any thoughts on what the game should and shouldn't have?

Personally, being a C&C fan (all the games including Generals), I would like to see the developers bring back the old style of click and build instead of workers and dozers.

As it will hopefully use the Generals SAGE engine but heavily modified (like RA2 was to TS, respectively) and upgraded it should look pretty awesome. Smile
Solis

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope to hell they bring back the original CnC style... I bought Generals and I felt sad because it was more like StarCraft/WarCraft than a CnC game. Sad

If I wanted a generic RTS game I'd have bought one, dammit!

Keyla

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fun! I also was unimpressed with generals, but I was lucky enough to be able to borrow a friend's copy to try it out first. It would be nice to see them bring back the original C&C style, or another FPS like Renegade. (I still play it, even after having beat it several times!)
RealDesertFox

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I haven't played Renegade, and I probably won't as I like my pointless FPS more Smile
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I hope that it will be like Red Alert 2, which, as sad as I find that, the best C&C game thus far. I positively hated the first Red Alert and it is a monument to how good a game Red Alert 2 is that I liked it.

And don't talk to me about Generals unless you want to have your fur flamed off.

gnaP

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiberium Sun and the Firestorm expansion was the best game from the C&C line, Red Alert 2 just did not look right to me, mostly how the games play felt to me. It just was not up to par with Tiberium Sun.

-=Codex Deamon Hunters=-
Quest Custodiet : Fors Clavidera : Victorum Aut Moris : Mortis Virtus : Astra Imperator Gloriam : Exterminatus Extremis
RealDesertFox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gnaP wrote:
Tiberium Sun and the Firestorm expansion was the best game from the C&C line, Red Alert 2 just did not look right to me, mostly how the games play felt to me. It just was not up to par with Tiberium Sun.

Purely a matter of opinion, I prefered Tiberium Sun and Firestorm for the more war like style and story.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found Red Alert 2 a better game in matters of pure gaming. Story-wise I liked the Tiberium storyline MUCH better.

BTW, I saw a Tiberium War trailer recently and unfortunately I am not impressed. It's only a rendered video, no sight of actual gaming and I find the design of the tanks rather silly.

RealDesertFox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
BTW, I saw a Tiberium War trailer recently and unfortunately I am not impressed. It's only a rendered video, no sight of actual gaming and I find the design of the tanks rather silly.

I was dissapointed with the new design of the Mammoth Tank, but I was impressed with the few in game renders I have seen.

There are a few new and old ones around...
Mikael Grizzly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon me for digging up an old thread, but being a C&C fan, I can't wait for the new release.

The Tiberium storyline games, including the Renegade, are among my favourite ones, in no small part thanks to the Brotherhood of NOD, propalby the best designed organisation in the world. The most memorable part was the ceremony led by gen. Anton Slavik after the reunification of the Brotherhood, during which Kane announced his return. It showed the immense dedication and will of NOD. And because of this, I hope that we will be given back our FMV cutscenes, a detailed plot, and of course, Joseph D. Kucan as Kane.

Regarding the design of the units, I don't really hate them. The GDI Powered Armor Infantry seems a logical step in trooper combat equipment evolution, as the spread of Tiberium across the globe generally prohibits regular infantry from operating in said environments.
The Mammoth Tank's design is controversial to me, both from an aesthetic and purely tactical point of view. The exposed threads provide the enemy with a priceless opportunity to cripple the tank, and eliminate it from combat. Though I must say, that I like the return to basics, that is twin-barreled, Tusk-equipped juggernaut of the battlefield.
Though the new Orca gun-ship is not Orca enough, missing it's side propeller engines and elegant, curved design of the former models.

That would be it.
RealDesertFox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael Grizzly wrote:
I hope that we will be given back our FMV cutscenes, a detailed plot

Sure will according to a developer on the team

Mikael Grizzly wrote:
Joseph D. Kucan as Kane.

Chances are they might not, as he was demanding too high a salery, but lets just hope.
Mikael Grizzly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Kucan doesn't play Kane, they better come up with a convincing explanation, as to why Kane is not Kane.

Because that's it,

Joseph D. Kucan = Kane
Cloudray

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikael Grizzly wrote:
If Kucan doesn't play Kane, they better come up with a convincing explanation, as to why Kane is not Kane.

Because that's it,

Joseph D. Kucan = Kane

I'm also sorry to dig up an old friend, but I too am a long time C&C fan. Infact Command & Conquer was one of the first PC games I ever played.

As I'm sure most of you know now, Kucan has indeed been cast as Kane.

All in all I am looking forward to this game. I don't like all of the unit designs, nor the new Tiberium, but all of the nit-pickers on other sites have driven me crazy to the point that I just don't care. I figure the designers of the game are entitled to a bit of artistic freedom. The concepts for the basic GDI soldier commando look awesome at least, even if I am a loyal follower of Kane.

Of-course, I probably won't be able to play this game when it comes out. My computer is just too outdated now. I'm in need of a serious upgrade.

The only thing I fear about these next-gen RTS games is that the battles won't feel epic; the design limitations may place emphasis on only a few units at a time, like Warcraft III. I like my armies to be huge.
Mikael Grizzly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kucan IS Kane after all! *air guitar*

Seriously though, this... this... this is SUPERB. Hope Electronic Arts won't dumb it down to the lowest common denominator.
Micah Coon

Location: The Handbasket...you know, the one we're going to Heck in...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too...enthused about Tiberium War since Westwood tanked.
EA has a tendency to ruin games. With them at the helm, I'm kinda scared for the future of C&C.

-Inscription on a Babylonian Tablet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: