Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mean City, Cold Streets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Mean City, Cold Streets Reply with quote

On the train ride to the second part of my job (checking the servers at the co-loco) I had had the oppertunity to observe a homeless family; a father and daughter, enjoying a meal on the train.

There filthy, dirty, parts of her clothes ripped in a couple of places (even her underwear- from the way she was sitting-openly, the steeple at St.Ann's Church could be seen). She seemed to be about 10 and developing, while he in his 50's. Both Spanish speaking. I pickup as much detail as I could.

They were on their way to Central Park, according to their conversation, to find a place (park bench) to sleep. But not before dropping by 'an uncle`s' house to barrow some cash. It being a long train ride, they talked, she wishing she was back at DR (Domenican Republic). He trying to explain to her that once things fell into place, things would be better here. There was no talk of 'mom' as I could tell, though there were of 'aunts' helping out.

I tried not to get caught staring, but where I was going, we ended up being the only 3 on the train. At 110th street (Central Park northen entrance) subway stop, they got off. As they stepped out, she turned to me and waved goodbye with a smile. I did not expected that nor how it would hurt.

Given, a few years back, I would have openned my resource book and found them a place to sleep for as long as needed. But alas, I had no options to give.

I wish them well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> elfen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: