Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To a very special guy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Very_Itchy_Fur

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: To a very special guy Reply with quote

At 3am the person you know as Elfen was rushed to the hospital after having passed out in the bathroom. The cause of this we were to find out was bleeding in his kidney, which was caused by a stone. In the beginning, things looked very serious, but he quickly improved in the emergency room. He is currently undergoing treatment to prevent any infections or complications from setting in. Hopefully he should be out of the hospital in 24 - 48 hours.

I just started getting to know Elfen, as my biological father in these recent years. We planned on spending the day together until this happened. We are still going to spend the day together even though it was not going to be at the movies or at Coney Island.

Elfen has warned me that this family I am in is full of unecessary secrets, altered facts and many lies. Just the idea that I have been living under a guise for the past 20 plus years has shaken me to my core. Starting from the beginning- My mom and him were friends and lovers, until one day she could not deal with what she calls his overbearing pompous mutant superhero act. My current step father, who I was led to believe who was my real father all this time, warns me to stay away from Elfen or face untold consequences.

Like father, like daughter, I do not take too lightly to threats and am old enough to make my own decisions. Whether they like it or not, I have been spending what little free time from my studies to get to know Elfen. In retaliation, my parents stopped payment on my studies, Elfen picked up the tab where he could. They tried to throw me out of the house, he got me a place to stay, to be safe warm and fed, and helped with the rent. I was told never to return- not even for holidays, Elfen knocked on the door and threatened Armegeddon on their heads if they continued to treat me like some unwanted step child. I can see by what he means- this family has too many secrets, and I am one of them.

Over the years I slowly learned things about him, both good and bad. One thing I did learn about him is that if he knew I was alive from the very beginning, things would have been very different today. My world has been turned upside down, he taught me how to stand on my head. If a father is one who created you from within the womb of life, a dad must be a special person that would love and take care of you for life. Not too long ago, Elfen was a complete stranger to me, but now he's the only one who I can now call upon as Dad.

Happy father's day, Elfen.
I'll be there for you as you have been there for me.

Y.E.L.D.,
Aiesha
Nite
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seconded, #kwkat's completely abandoned without your dedication Wink

Get well soon Elfen!
Quinn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hart goes out to ya elfen! Get well soon.

The Ataris 'In This Diary'
Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives
The only thing that matters is just following your heart, and eventually you'll finally get it right
Shar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Hugs* Get well soon man. And, it's good to meet you very_itchy_fur. Take care of Elfen, he's a good man with a good heart.
Very_Itchy_Fur

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's going to be kept for observation and will be released tomarrow. I'll be there to pick him up before I got home and to my med school studies up in Ithica.

Its amazing how one learns so much in so little time about others. Though we only see each other on important holidays and vacations, he's done so much for me in so little time that we could still be considered as stranger who have become friends. But its more than that, and I can not explain it away with just simple words.

In going through his personal files and websites, I'm learning the history of how I came to be, and its nice to know that I was created out of an act of love, and not a mistake of teenage passion. I just dont understand why mom broke off the relationship, except for other than fear. But fear of what? I've also learned about his wife- the woman he was married to before the relationship he had with my mom, and what happened to her. Its hard to believe that the three of them knew each other and were connected by a friendship like no other. Even stranger- that the three all wanted to become doctors, and none of them succeeding. Like I'm following in their footsteps, and managed to get further than they did.

Hopefully after this scare, we will have more times together, and a lot of questions to be answered.

And you guys here, have been great. I thank you all.

-Aiesha
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear your feeling poorly EF get well soon and keep giving the world hell, tis what your good at Mr. Green

Solis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very_Itchy_Fur wrote:

Hopefully after this scare, we will have more times together, and a lot of questions to be answered.

And you guys here, have been great. I thank you all.

-Aiesha

Best of luck to you guys, and I hope Elfen gets well quickly... I don't know him immensely well, but from what I know he is a good guy and looks out for those that need it.

Hope your studies turn out well... hopefully in three more years I'll be at that point too *fingers crossed*

Rabbit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew who my father was, but had very little contact with him for the first twenty years of my life. Once I got to know him, there was no doubt from the first day that we were closely related. We're so alike in some ways it scares me.

May the both of you find your new relationship rewarding, happy-making, and full of love.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> elfen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: