Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Somethings Are Better Left Alone.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Somethings Are Better Left Alone. Reply with quote

http://www.el-barrio.com/mt/archives/cat_people_news.html

I just found this recently, but there was an entry left unknown to me until now; the first one for Raphael A. Flores.

In the 1980s, I knew Ralph as he ran Hot Line Cares and I did my time with college, god daughters and my craziness with my wife, job(s) and study. I volunteered at Hot Line Cares to get away from the craziness of my world, and became one of its better know crisis intervention councilors. Then again I was the only crisis intervention councilor doing the 9pm - 3am shift...

Ralph was the kind of guy that walked in other people's mocasins for more than a mile, he would patrol the streets, not to fight evil doers (that was my personal job), but to help the helpless, feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, and above all- stand up to city hall to make sure that the city provided these services when no one else would. He was out there when nobody else would.

He gave of himself for others, and expected nothing in return. In 1988, he won the Fox Channel City Hero Award, totalling $1Million, which he gave up to his work: Hot Line Cares. It later became Youth HotLine.

In finding out that he died, and died so long ago is a crushing blow in my heart. If anything bad can be said about Raphael Flores, he was a fanatical extremist in equal to the likes of Osama Bin Laden, but in opposite in action. Rapheal cared about others, he loved his fellow man and he did his best to help everyone he met.

Knowing that he is gone only proves to me that the world has gotten more evil, and to save it, I, no I mean we, have to get up and do what he did. If we dont, then evil has won.

I refuse to let evil to win...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> elfen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: