Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ALN/ALS
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: ALN/ALS Reply with quote

Here we go. I finally got around to getting 'A Little Nothing' posted.

'A Little Something' will follow, once I can get a hold of Silver Coyote, and get him to send me the files for the updates that he wrote.

For those of you who have not yet aquainted yourselves with these two stories, I should probably explain the idea behind it...

A couple of years back, Aramis Dagaz thought up an idea for a Round Robin-style fantasy-story involving his own character, as well as those of Tigermark and Silver Coyote. Needless to say this was before they met me.

The result was 'A little nothing'...a story which I'm sure you will agree is vastly different from what I've posted so far. Please note that different fonts are used to show what writer has written any given part. After 15 parts, written by the 'Three Amigos' themselves, I got involved and wrote the 16th installment, getting my own character in there.

Once I post 'A Little Something'...which will hopefully be before too long...you'll get a slightly different variety of story. But it ties in with the ALN-storyline in the sense that it is a prequel. The ALS storyline happens some time before ALN. Whereas I -approximate- something realistic with 'Amat Victoria Curam', I didn't write the ALS stories for realism, but to help Silver Coyote at a time where he was undergoing a crisis of faith. Ergo, the main element of that story is the philosophical/theological aspect and the questions it was meant to help Silver Coyote ask. According to himself, it succeeded spectatularly...

I hope you will enjoy these, and read and comment on them. Most of ALN won't be written by me, of course...but since I AM involved in writing it, it goes up on my site too Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: ALN/ALS Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
I didn't write the ALS stories for realism, but to help Silver Coyote at a time where he was undergoing a crisis of faith. Ergo, the main element of that story is the philosophical/theological aspect and the questions it was meant to help Silver Coyote ask. According to himself, it succeeded spectatularly...

It seems odd to me that a self-proclaimed non-Christian could have that effect, or even goal. I'm not saying unlikely or impossible, after all "God works in mysterious ways", just seems odd. I'm glad you could be of help to him (and any others it may have indirectly helped).

EDIT
Wait, I thought I already read the last part of ALN days ago, nothing looks new at the end. Are you just late in posting notice?

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just late in posting this, Amigadragon. I have only added the story to my site very recently, after all...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of the ALS-stories have been posted. The first two, to be precise. There are a few more, to be posted when Fikrann has time.

For the record...the format looks slightly odd, but that can't be helped, really. It seems MS-format is whacked...
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read 9mm a couple days ago. Interesting concept by Silver about Heaven or whatever you want to call the Amigos' base of operations or headquarters.
The Silver Coyote

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Amiga. Our Filly has helped me clear some stuff from between my ears. I'm a long way from being learned and wise, but at least I'm not stepping on my own paws as much as I used to.

I firmly believe that most faiths have common threads that we can all subscribe to. As I've grown older I've worked diligently to be more tolerant, less critical, and more loving of folks, and have worked all the harder to teach my children to be the same way. I feel each parent owes the world that much, to make sure that their children can contribute more and be better than the parents that brought them into the world.

9mm was written for a dear friend, someone I love and respect because she is very different from me.

SC

Fikrann

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few more chapters posted, most as-is, to serve as the background for the lastest one, titled "Existing?".

Recommended reading! Smile
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you think the shield maiden would enjoy this Limrick or be offended?
Quote:
Thor the thunder god went for a ride, upon his favorite filly
"I'm Thor!" he cried, the horse replied, "you forgot your thaddle, thilly"

Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here lies AmigaDragon, alas we knew him well,

He got kicked by a thilly filly, and we buried him where he fell. Shocked Rolling Eyes Wink

Tigermark (Bad tiger, no steak!)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm laughing myself to bits. In fact, I'm growing purple with orange spots...

'e gods...
D.F. Thompson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a little reading last night. Existing was very interesting to say the least. I could see how Aslaug could feel that way. Having jumped from a world and a time where what we take for granted would seem like magic. And then being stuck there not being able to contribute. Should be interesting to see how the rest of the team takes to having a shield madien for an assitant coach.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got 'To talk...sit...and listen' posted on my site too. I couldn't find it for a while. It's the follow-up to 'nine millimeters' and was written the same day I got that piece from SC. I hope you'll like it.
Teric

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a chance to read 'A Little Something'... made a big post about it in Tigermark's forum.

VERY good read--thanks guys! I'm looking forward to reading the others in the series.

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a new ALS-one-shot underway. It's been written and it's sent off to Bastion, so when he has time to post it (probably when he puts up the next, fixed Transitions-chapters), there's something for Aslaug-fans...

*steps aside so as not to get run over by Kellan storming the ramparts*
Kellan Meig'h
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
There's a new ALS-one-shot underway. It's been written and it's sent off to Bastion, so when he has time to post it (probably when he puts up the next, fixed Transitions-chapters), there's something for Aslaug-fans...

*steps aside so as not to get run over by Kellan storming the ramparts*

What? Another story!!

*preps ladders and trebuchet* Wink

Kel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: