Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello fellow Furs! Do you play DAoC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ularewolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Hello fellow Furs! Do you play DAoC? Reply with quote

If you play DAoC on Mid/Gareth, I just made an all Furry guild. So if you play there, please PM me on my character Ulwolf in game and I'll invite you. The guild's name is Fearsome Furs. It's always good to have fellow Furs on my side.Very Happy
Oji

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey..for those of us who are.. um..stupid.. how about filling us on on what the acronym stands for...
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played for a couple of weeks when it first came out, to quote X Play I can still taste the suck Mad I hear a lot of changes were made. Did they ever put gravity in the game?

Ularewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for Oji, it stands for Dark Age of Camelot, a MMORPG that's been around since 2001.

Well Styx, I played DAoC around in 2002-2003, I left for about two years and went to WoW (World of Warcraft). Well, I can tell you for sure the game has improved ten-fold, though it had some downsides from expansions (A.K.A. Trials of Atlantis) it has recovered a lot from the last two good expansions to have come out. Was there really a time there wasn't gravity in the game? If you mean by you get hurt when you fall too far, they added that not too long after the game came out.

You should come check it out again, I did and I love the game again. Razz
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, I just started playing WoW myself I also play EQ2, and SWG though I'm thinking seriously of droping them and sticking with WoW. SOE is really pissing me off I mean why do they even bother with a test server they never seem to fix any of the problems it uncovers the same bugs that are on the TC are there when the damn thing goes live. As for going back to DAoC I don't think so, besides the bugs I really didn't care for the game.

Ularewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoW is a great game, but once you hit 60, it seems very bland. I never wanted to hit 60, because I knew how it was, you end up doing nothing but raids and are stuck in instanced BGs just to rack up honor points to get good gear. And the gear isn't even that great for some classes. I guess it depends on what you're more into, PvE or PvP, I felt DAoC has a stronger PvP (RvR technically) feeling to it, that requires better teamwork than WoW does, though the PvE in DAoC is junk.

About EQ2, I didn't play it much, it seems like it has a good concept, but it could be better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: