Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random Personal Stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major personal rant: I'm highly pee'd off about this one.

The airhead secretary at school got a call from a parent at 3:30 (was there to hear her end). Parent says- my kid will be absent for the next few weeks, he got memingitis.

I heard the secretary say, 'your kids will be out becuase he got memingitis? ok, I'll collect the work he'll miss and send it to you.' then hangs up the phone. Then she smiles at us... so & so kid got memingitis, can you go get his homework...

Most of you would know this, but those who wont: Memingitis = viral or bacterial infection of nuero membraines (the meminges)... often fatal if not caught in time. HIGHLY INFECTIOUS AND CONTAGIOUS!

As I type this, I got 1/2 the staff on AIM scared out their wits... and if the kid actually got memingitis... the school closes, everyone gets tested... I'm seeing my dr tomarrow. Test to determine if one has it, is blood test and a spinal tap. I'm not freaking happy with that option!

But we were told to wait until Monday... as we wait, if we're infected, we're getting worse and infecting our families... I'm highly pissed about this...

I am not going to be happy this weekend. 2 of our staff members are pregnant 6months + each... they're about to freak out. The secretary is like, "duh, like, whats wrong?" The principal is telling every- "dont panic- lets wait for the hospital to call"

When all is said and done, I'm talking to a few lawyers...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Nite
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck to you Elfen, and to the rest of the staff and student body...
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, it seems time to take up the modified beggars' cry: "Clues for the clueless!" I swear, some folk couldn't get a clue if they doused themselves with "clue musk" and stood out in a field during clue mating season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order, perhaps reversed chronologically, but in some order, nonetheless:

1) School staff/kids tested negative for meningisits, though that 1 kid got it really bad. Expectant hospital stay: 30 days, if he's lucky. From what I hear, its touch and go for him, though for the most part the infection is being taken cared off, its the aftermath from which he will suffer greatly: brain damage, and its consequences. I really dont think that the parents know the full extent of the child's prognosis, or are in serious deep denial about it.

2) My ex-from heaven, had to help her out again, though this time her family was sick, and I did my best for them, but catching the nasty bug in the process. Recovery is a 4-letter word sometimes. At least I got them back on their feet again. Sometimes I swear, what would people do without me.

3) Lestat is a moot point right now. My little friend saw me during the weekend, gave me some good news; she has not seen or heard from him since August, and was able to get a better paying job than what she had before. She's thinking of a new place to move too, but I told her to wait until some of the more important stuff is paid off first, and she's back in school once again. Too bad for the most part she was there, I was recoving from #2 (see above)... which brings me to #4...

4) Just a warning, so spread it... This year's flu is a variant of last year's bird flu, which some of my friends in China, Taiwan, and Malaysia are saying that its a stronger flu than the one before (remember- last year's flu killed several hundred people world wide last year, and this one is supposed to be worse!). Over there its called "The Chicken Flu," from its origin, and its simillar to last year's Bird Flu. As you know, the US is limited in the number of flu shots for one, and never get the right strain of the virus- two. Best to keep one as Virus & Bateria Hostile for the winter months as possible: lots of garlic and ascorbic acid in the blood, dress warmly, eat right, Alcohol in moderation- but a key to being an antibaterial agent. Double up on those bed blankets during the cold winter months. Wash them hands after ending all activities and try not to touch you face as minimal as possible (other than washing it). Home remedies and medications- what ever works for you, use it! Consider this a warning... Be Prepared!

Thats the rant for the day... Enjoy and Good Luck.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Shar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on going out and getting flu shot.. even if it's the right variant or not. Man.. i'm just paranoid sometimes. Especially working in retail. The people that come by our store.. ugh..
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this was your final hour, how would you spend it? I often think about that, and one thing is certain- I'll be fighting death every step of the way, even though She would have that sycthle embedded into my back deep and hard.

But yesterday...

Yesterday, thanks to the stupidity of a friend and sheer dumb luck, I'm just realizing now how close my date with death was to be. Problem is, it does not scare me, but it does anger me.

My friend bought a Land Rover Discovery cheap on Ebay. Least to say, it needs lots of work, which what we were doing, getting parts and getting things done to it: fluid & filter changes, check ups, etc.

Driving around getting parts, we drove upto an intersection, when gun fire erupted. 6 shots in all, and the shooters running towards us. They shot up some guy, for reasons I dont care about knowing and he crawled into the middle of the street and laid there. Did he die? cant say, but he was loud about being shot up, and in the emergency services world, its the loud ones that live, its the quiet one you have to worry about.

So, my friend turns the corner, unsure where the shooters went, but I told him where they went and even pointed them out. He drove slowly, scared of witnessing what happened, mind you, he works for the city EMS/EMT and been through shoot outs before. He, like I, did not want to be involved. My reason- being unarmed, I cant say what was his.

But in driving slowly, it looked like to the shooters that we were following them. I had to yell my friend to drive fast and to get out of there. Finally the message took and he floored it.

In thinking what happened yesterday, if they had more ammo, I'm sure that they would have shot at us for following them. Like I said, Dumb Luck and Stupidiy on my friend's part for not paying attention and indavertantly following the bad guys. Thats what angers me, being in a dangerous situation and not being given a handle to at least wrest it into control.

Evil or Very Mad

Sorariaram

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: HI! Reply with quote

It's me!! Alpha female!

(that's a lot of money)

See ya soon. (I hope, homework providing...) Very Happy
Freya

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soo....
This is the infamous Alpha Female I've heard so much about! Pleased ta meet ya.

Weeeeee!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back...

The world is a bit more intolerable then before, perhaps my theories maybe right: With the Death of every good person, the world gets that much more evil.

I thought myself to be a bit more stronger than to have broken so easily. In the many years of burying friends and family, this one has effected me the most. (Its effected because this is going to be that of a more pernament change than affected would give, for you grammar nazi's out there.)

Its hard to say why. Actually the answer is simple. The person she was to me is the key to the answer of that question. Sometimes I swear. The people of this world is going to need much improvment before the world itself improves. There is not much to be said if anything.

We are all the key to making this world a better place. Most here do, even if they do little more than just a bare tiniest bit of positive and goodness, it is a whole lot better than the negativity the rest of the internet spews out. We all have a jb to do, but to make this world a better place, is something that can be so daunting that nobody really tries. To that, I have to say this: Dont try to take on a problem head on. Look at it, examine it for what its worth, and see where you can apply your strength against its weaknesses. Do this even on the tiniest level, with the added strength of others piled onto to yours, then this problem can be taken cared off very easily.

Yes, I am going through my moments of doubt and pain, added to the crap that I'll be going through in another 19 days (Yep- my yearly haitus), so if I seem cold or uncaring online, just ignore me for the moment... I'll eventually return to all those and appologize later for it.

You guys understand why...

-Elfen

Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 days to Haitus. Check Haitus Warning Thread for progress report.
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 year ago to the day I posted here and so I shall again for the same reasons.

Hiatus Time comes again for me.
21 years, my how time has pasted, and this day has come and pounced on me. One whole year one and pasted, and yet I would have continued as if nothing happened except for the IM's and Emails that showed up today.

Why today?
4 days left to hiatus and counting.
Like before, I'll find out who it is and let them have it.

Sometimes I wish I could be left in peace.

Shar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Hugs* Have a good haitus man. Mayhaps we'll catch up with you on the other side?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> elfen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: