Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Adventure Kay Art
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mapper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Maxx Very Happy

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Cirrel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Looks at Magazine cover> Yeah! I'd buy 'them'... I mean, 'her'..... ahh, I mean 'it'... the magazine, that is. Yup, the 'zine'. That's what I meant.
Shocked

Way to go, Maxx!

Cirral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here's an article from this month's 'Adventure Monthly'!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side-Kicks: "Being on Top of what you're getting to the Bottom of while standing Next to the one who gets all the credit!"

An exclusive Adventure Monthly interview with Maxx - sidekick extraordinaire to the lovely Adventure Kay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

AM: What do you think of your role as Side-Kick?

Maxx: I'm glad the first issue of Adventure Monthly decided to feature Side Kicks. Most Furs don't know how much skill it takes to be a really good side-kick.

AM: So, side-kicking is not just following you main characters around and looking dumber than them?

Maxx: That's certainly part of it, but you have to be cautious. You need to carefully regulate your lack of common sense. You certainly can't appear to outshine your main character, but neither can you act like you’re the dumbest thing since pet rocks. Too much 'Duh' and it reflects badly on your main character. Furs will start to ask why she hired a brainless wonder like you in the first place. Hell! If I actually acted as clueless as I feel most times, they might think Kay just hired me for my looks!

AM: Speaking of looks, how important is that for a side-kick.

Maxx: I think that depends on what the side-kicks main role will be. If he's to draw the bad guys attention away from the main character so she can act more effectively, he should be a real suave dude or have muscles till they come out of his ears. However, if it's his job to lull the bad guys into a false sense of security by being a weakling, he should either be a sickly monkey with thick glasses and a pocket protector or look like he's been run over by a cement truck recently.

AM: Which type are you?

Maxx: You're looking at me and you have to ask?

AM: Ah. Yes. Well, back to the subject of stupid, what are some of the main things side-kicks can do to have a suitably stupid working relationship with their main characters?

Maxx: One of the most important things is to have a good repertoire of dumb solutions to simple problems. For instance, if you need to get through an obstructing wall, suggesting thermo-nuclear weapons is a good start. Failing that, running at the wall full tilt and ramming it with your head is also a possibility. Remember too, that 'Let's get the hell out of here!' is always a suitable standby for most situations. Being slightly more cowardly than your main character is almost as important as the stupidity thing. However, don't let the cowardice interfere with you lack of common sense. You still need to pull off some daringly dumb stunts - like walking blithely into trapped rooms.

AM: What is one of the stunts you've pulled recently?

Maxx: Well, once, when we were surrounded by Motutu's Menacing Minions of Machismo, I bared my furry, muscle-bound chest to impress upon them my obviously superior physique.

AM: What did they do?

Maxx: They beat me to a pulp with their obviously superior numbers.

AM: Since you're here, you obviously escaped. How did you do that?

Maxx: Kay bared her chest and impressed them with her obviously superior everything. All in all, it was worth getting turned into kitty paste to see that.

AM: Ah. So it's worth being a side-kick even though there are dangers?

Maxx: It certainly is! I can think of at least two reasons why it's worth it. There may be more, but I haven't ever gotten past the first two yet.

AM: So, what do you do when you're not side-kicking for two of the best reasons in the world for side-kicking?

Maxx: I'm a bush pilot. I use my Sopwith Buffalo to fly essentials to the primitives in the interior.

AM: What sort of essentials?

Maxx: Mostly PlayStation and X-Box games. You've no idea how boring the life of an idyllic hunter-gatherer can be. All that lounging around all day can turn you brain to mashed potatoes.

AM: And Playstation games don't?

Maxx: Nope. They give you the gravy, too.

AM: Okay. So, you fly Adventure Kay to all the places she needs to go when she's in Got-Amala?

Maxx: I used to. Not anymore though. Seems she dislikes the excitement that comes when your wings fall off. I don't see a problem, but Kay says if God had meant me to fly, he'd have given me a propeller.

AM: Indeed. So how does she get around now?

Maxx: Ach. She has her own plane now. A Kitsune named Miss Piggy. The thing even has an inside lavatory! Can you believe it? Such a waste of cargo space. Heck, when she was flying with me, she had to hang her tail over the side when nature called. Hmmm. Now that I think about it, there are actually three good reasons to side-kick for her.

AM: I'm sure. When is your next outing with her scheduled?

Maxx: She doesn't really work like that. Most times, she blasts in here in her friend's T-38, grabs me by the scruff of the neck like some kitten, and off we go.

AM: She has a friend who has a T-38? That's a training jet if I'm not mistaken. How did she manage to pull off making friends with w T-38 pilot?

Maxx: She makes friends with a lot of handy furs. Not only does she fly in T-38s, she can call on the Badger Brigade whenever things get really rough.

AM: Ow! She has a Badger Call?

Maxx: That she does, but she only uses that as a last resort. If you think Playstations are bad, wait till you've heard the Badger Call. The only thing your skull is good for after that is a Jello mold - because that's what your brain just turned into - which can be handy come to think of it, if you're in head hunter territory. Seems they like heads with the brains still in them.

AM: Sounds like you've seen a lot of adventures with Adventure Kay.

Maxx: Yep. That is, when ever I've bothered to look at something other than Kay.

AM: She does have that effect, doesn’t she.

Maxx: <Purrs> That she does.

by Cirrel, AM Reporter

Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One word: ROFL!!

Sweet Very Happy

Thanks Cirrel!

Kayngi
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Too funny!
Den Mother of PF

I got ART
http://kayngi.deviantart.com/
http://kayngi.sheezyart.com
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL! Excellent interview, Cirrel. Good answers, too, Maxx. And the cover art for the mag? Wow! Just, Wow!

Tigermark (Gee, Stripes One gets mentioned and I don't? Oh well, she is better looking.)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFLMFAO!!!! That's superb, Cirrel.

Heh, Tigermark, Miss Piggy got mentioned and I didn't, we're alike on that count. Laughing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mapper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heheh To think the Badger Brigade signal will most likly be classified as a WoMAMA(Weapon of Mind Altering Mental Assault) *dashes off to Patent it*
Excellent read Cirrel Very Happy

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
martinjh99

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice art guys... Smile

Visit for the first time in a while and get all this new art Wink
Cirrel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just some inane scribblings.

Cirrel

Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, C! The gang's all here in this one, LOL. great pic!

Tigermark

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mapper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is friggen hilarious Very Happy

Av by GreyCat
taspacecampjh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp Dr. Pepper here. Waitin on that dern feline to return so I can meet up with Dr. Tunishi back in Got-Amala City.

Guess I shoulda warned him about that chillie I packed....
Shouts: "You ok in there?"
(recieves a series of grunts in return)

<Tex had himself renamed one drunken night after graduation>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Adventure Kay All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: