Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Was it a dream? (Ch. 50)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TGIF007

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: Was it a dream? (Ch. 50) Reply with quote

When Sabrina mentions her dream of seeing Chris and Wendy together being "intimate", I wonder if it really was a dream or if it really happened (in Tabitha Sabrina is about to walk in on Chris and Wendy)?

TGIF
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thought! Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TGIF007

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without asking specifics (that you'd never tell us anyways!), given the existence of the endometriosis pills in both stories, can we assume that Tabitha is canon for SOTS?

Thanks,

TGIF
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes she is, in Both stories, LOL.

Nice tie-ins, Chris.

Tigermark.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Smile

And in this case, the dream was just that, no tie-in to Tabitha at all this time.

This time! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Hmmm.

Tabitha...canon...and she's on the loose in both stories...

Idea Tabitha is a loose canon!

Laughing

Come over here ... bring a hunk of something so I can hit you with it Razz
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now this i have to see!

look i even provided my own "hunk of somthing" Wink

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-

Last edited by racky raccoon on Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
TGIF007

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to disagree with the author, especially since he is indeed the authoritative voice for all things in SOTS. It seems to me that "Tabitha" has to be taken as canon for SOTS (re: the endometriosis pills) which would make Sabrina's walking in on Chris and Wendy (which seems to be a given even though it has only been implied in Tabitha so far, and hasn't yet been published) part of Sabrina's past as far as where the SOTS timeline is versus the "Tabitha" timeline.

Assuming that "Tabitha" is canon for SOTS has some other important possible implications on the story development. One in particular, is Sabrina's decision to not only be intimate with Chris, but to take the initiative when he hadn't even been giving any hints that he would like to be intimate with her. (After all, a gentleman would never do that.)

Up to a certain point, Sabrina had been portrayed as being very shy and innocent. Now, it may just be my prejudices due to my cultural background as a Chassidic Jew, but early on I would never have expected Sabrina to be intimate prior to marriage.

I think that one of the key statements to understanding Sabrina's choice is when she said "I've always kept something very important to me to give to one very special man whenever he came along." In reading this, I break it into two part, "one very special man" and "whenever he came along". From my point of view, "one" implies one's husband. And given her foreknowledge from time travel, the "whenever he came along" takes on new meaning. She was saving herself for her husband, and it so happens that since she knows for certain that she is marrying Chris, the "whenever he came along" takes on a new meaning.

A question for Chris: Exactly where in SOTS does Sabrina make her trip to the future in "Tabitha"? Would it perchance be immediately before she decided to seduce Chris?

As I understand things, the events of Tabitha preceded Sabrina's decision to become intimate (but I'm not clear on how far the preceded it). In Tabitha, she finds out that she is going to be marrying Chris, whom at that point she was only dating. I suspect that it is this foreknowledge that she was going to marry Chris that allowed Sabrina to change from being shy and modest in her relationship to taking the initiative to become intimate.

Regarding Chris' statement that Sabrina's "dream" of Chris and Wendy was indeed only a dream, I feel that if it was indeed a dream and not a memory, that it was a dream brought about from having seen Chris and Wendy in a compromising situation of some sort when Sabrina was in the future. (Or maybe Chris is calling it a dream because Chris and Wendy's being caught hasn't yet happened in "Tabitha"? I get a bit frustrated with time travel stories where ongoing changes in the future cause ongoing changes in the past - it gets to be very confusing.)

I don't recall anything in "Tabitha" that would be causing Sabrina to want to move from Eau Claire (other than commuting times to city based jobs), but I guess that we've seen hints from Chris in the forum that she did/will. (Don't you love time travel grammar! Very Happy)

Late breaking thought: could Sabrina want to move out of Eau Claire in order to totally avoid any chance of being killed in the accident?

While we will never know for sure (unless Chris tells us), it is interesting to go back and reread SOTS (which I like to do from time to time anyway) looking for places where she may have been influenced by her trip to the future. After all, we know that Tabitha isn't going to flash Sabrina to make her forget her trip to the future, since that would negate the whole point, which was to warn her of how she died so that she can avoid it, and also to warn her how her father died so that she could help him too.

At least we don't have changing photos ala "Back to the Future" as the story progresses! (I can see it now, Tabitha keeps going back to the cemetery to check the headstone as she keeps making different changes to the past. -- NOT!)

TGIF
TGIF007

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it depends how the scene plays out and whether any names get mentioned out loud or not.

Personally, I am certain that Chris is going to recognize Sabrina (hopefully without a heart attack as a result!) and he is certainly going to call out to her. And if she should fail to recognize him he would certainly shout out who he is.

Add to this the fact that skunks (and foxes) have a very good sense of smell and will recognize a person's scent, so appearance isn't the only way that Sabrina could recognize Chris and Wendy.

I guess we'll see when the next chapter of "Tabitha" comes out. (Has anyone heard of any progress on this? Given Chris' and James' schedules this doesn't seem to be particularly immanent.)

As for not searching for or expecting to see Chris: if you walk in on someone being intimate, even if it's just kissing, it's going to make a strong impression on you and you're going to remember all of the details. So even if she somehow didn't recognize Chris by sight or scent at first, she is likely going to remember it in detail and be able to put two plus two together. And if she somehow doesn't recognize them consciously, it could be that subconsciously she did, and hence the dream.
racky raccoon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:

More possible is that it's related to the daydream Wendy had way back that Sabrina left Chris and He came back to her. That dream ended with him entering her apartment.

If you have been around you know that was the original end of the story.

But EWS told Chris to continue.

*pain as old wounds open*

Thanks you had to bring that chapter up... Twisted Evil

maybe its me and my uneducated mind (ok thats not true but meh) but as ive said before:

Does it really matter? it kinda bugs me that people would actuly dissagree with the aurthor on a certain aspect... i would like to think they know what they are doing with their own book. Wink

Disscution is great, buit does it really have to be so deep?

heh maybe i am uneducated because i dont understand the fuss. Twisted Evil

-Mike Regan-
I want a Lawyer, a Doctor... A CHEESE SANDWICH
-Harley Quinn-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
TGIF007

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
More possible is that it's related to the daydream Wendy had way back that Sabrina left Chris and He came back to her. That dream ended with him entering her apartment.

If you have been around you know that was the original end of the story.

But EWS told Chris to continue.

I am a more recent reader than that - in fact when I hit the middle of Ch 28 I was so badly broken up by it I couldn't finish and was upset for days.

From what I've heard, there originally was an epilogue written at that point, which was taken down when Chris was given the go-ahead to continue the story.

Would you happen to have a copy of that epilogue? Chris lost his copy from a system crash long ago, and I've always wondered how he originally had wrapped up things.

racky raccoon wrote:
Does it really matter? it kinda bugs me that people would actually disagree with the author on a certain aspect... i would like to think they know what they are doing with their own book. Wink

Discussion is great, but does it really have to be so deep?

I'm not saying Chris is wrong - I'm just saying that there could be some intentional misleading of the readers here in order to avoid spoilage. As I said in my post, it could indeed have been a dream, but inspired from having seen it in the future.

When you have two stories interacting like this, especially when one of them involves time travel, you can bet that there will be (and from my point of view, especially given the rarity of new chapters, should be) deep analysis of what is and has gone on.

At least we aren't arguing over the physics of time travel as has taken place in the Tabitha forum!

TGIF

Edited 12/01 @ 12:45 EST
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: