Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FTP File Limits?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: FTP File Limits? Reply with quote

Trying to upload a 300K image file for the comic, the file transfer kept on freezing at about 100k. I checked my space quota and it says that there is 10megs of spacee left.

Has a file transfer limit just been put in? Before I uploaded larger files without problems.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a real interesting problem here. tried to upload a shrunken version of the image, and ftp bombed out with the error message "Ran Out Of Space."

But when I checked the vhost section for my site, it says I got 10 megs left.

Did something got lost in translation during the move of PF to the new server?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Whip-lash
Kneel before me... for I am Root!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What user are you logged in as? The user 'elfen' is showing 159 MB free.

If you need to include anything that should not be viewable by the public, I can be reached via private messaging or email.
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, forgot to post a follow up.
Maxx upped my space from 50 to... I think an additional 150 more.

But *scratching my head* if the Vhost page said I had 10 megs left but ftp kept freezing at 100K before the change, I have to ask: is some of this space weaved into the email or is that a separate storage area?

The comic eats up a lot of space, which is its only draw back.

Check the ftp logs under elfen, for Sunday and Monday, around 8pm EST. It should state an error there.

Like I told Maxx after he upped it, that should be enough space to last me until 2163!

Whip-lash
Kneel before me... for I am Root!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So at the moment, you're able to upload files without the error?

As far as the quota is concerned, I've looked around and couldn't find anything wrong, though this was likely after Maxx bumped it up. It is very likely that something was being counted in the filesystem that the control panel interface did or could not. I wouldn't put it past Ensim's developers, honestly. It may as well be related to the migration and update to the newer version of the interface.

If you have any other issues, etc, please let me know.
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment, there is no problem since Maxx up'ed the space.
But that is an interesting point; and other users who are close to their 80% or within 10 megs of usage space are going hit the same problem. (it happened when I hit 80%; 40 megs of space used of the 50megs I had, leaving 10 megs). So either space marker should be a sign if anyone comes to the same problem; but I doubt anyone uses space as rapidly as I do. Evil comic... Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Site Problems All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: