Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From the Depths...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly McAllen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Another very well writen chapter. Well thought out and presented. Mr Khan, when you muse is around and doing her job you write some wounderful things.

Just a couple points I would like to tuch on.
I'm veryglad that the power went out at Simon's place, like someone at the power company was looking out for him. All though I do not think he and Lupe should get togather, I do think that they both can use a good friend. Simon needs a femm who he can turn to for suport, and that mothering touch that you can never get from male friends. Lupe has that easy going attitude that allows for this to come out.
On her part she is at a point of her life where she is strugling with things that are in conflict with each other. Her upbringing and her new outlook on life don't mesh. All though her two lovers would support her and be there for her, I think she needs an out side allie since the lovers are part of the conflict. Simon with his out going look on life can bolster her and give her someone to talk to if she needs someone to confide in.

Again love the story

Kelly McAllen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Nameless wrote:
But it is good that Simon has a shoulder to cry on.

Shoulder? Well yeah he ws in the general area. Smile

Laughing He was in distress, his aim was off Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

it was a very touching chapter, Simon was real broke up about Sheila's death. It is something that you don't get over quickly.

Chris
Aka Assa
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Chapter 33 Reply with quote

Hmm... where to start? Very Happy

Seems like folks are remarking favorably about Simon and Lupe. Question: does it matter where Simon laid his head? He *was* having a difficult moment, ya know. *smile* Besides, isn't it said that the seat of emotions lay in the bosom? He was headed in the right direction.....

As for Khan- Mike asked, "How will he react when (a nervous breakdown) comes? And...if anyone is with him, will he be so out of control that they will be in danger?"

Well, so far we've seen Khan get progressively worse. I don't think it's leaking any plotlines to say that he's on the slippery slope into something dark and unpleasant, and sliding faster with every day. When- not if, at this point- he reaches bottom, how would you furs predict he'd act? I'd make this a contest, but I can't think of anything that I haven't done yet- I'm working on Pat's entry into the story for his cameo (for "winning" the last contest). Well, I'll simply ask for lots of speculation. I'd like to see what you furs will come up with.

And speaking of speculation- what about Beka and John? I've heard opinions from both sides of the argument- let's hear what you furs think, too. I'm interested to see what you predict for this troubled pair.

For now, that's about it- have any questions? As long as they don't impact the plotlines, I'll answer them. So fire away!!

-Shirh Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for Simon and Lupe, I don't think it was as much a sexual moment as it was just an overly emotional one. There is something in psych about how when you are separated from someone very close, your mind can play tricks on you. When Lupe kissed Simon his mind probably thought that it was (can't remember her name) and he acted accordingly, until he cleared his head and realized what was going on.

As for the good doctor, he isn't doing so good, obviously. I'll say that when he hits rock bottom he won't get angry or anything, he will become very depressed, and if anything should set him off, such as the purists (which I really see happening, Shirh the Sadist) he will go berzerk. He won't hurt anyone at the office, but he may end up killing a few purists.

Then there is Beka and John. They are going to end up working everything out, though it will take lots of time and effort from both sides. Beka will have to learn to trust John again, and John will have to learn a better way to deal with his emotions than through the bottom of a bottle, which will be very hard for him, considering his addictive personality.

Anyway, just my $.02.

Back in action!

Anyone who calls themselves normal is either a fascist or a liar.
Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 11:18 pm    Post subject: Stripey Timebomb Reply with quote

I've known for a while that Elijah was/is an emotional timebomb.

The nature of the explosion, I think, will depend on the straw that breaks the tiger's back.

If he's confronted by something that angers him (Purists, that otter b!zn1tch that is convinced the Clinic is turning her daughter gay, or the disease-bearing fratboi) then whoever lights the fire in Elijah's mind might or might not live to regret it.

If it's not rage, it'll likely be depression. I'm thinking catatonia and/or hysteria on this one; alternately weeping like a broken-hearted child and staring off into the void. He'd be oblivious to little things like hunger, the pleas of his friends to respond, the occasional hurricane or the energy Death of the Universe.

Whatever happens, it ain't gonna be pretty.

Last edited by Wolf Starchaser on Wed May 07, 2003 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:18 am    Post subject: Next Page.... Reply with quote

The well-intentioned author of "From the Depths to the Heights" has only one thing to say ((he's much too tired to say more)):

Chapter 34 has been posted. Read, enjoy, speculate.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled forum postings...

-Shirh Khan

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice chapter that tied up a couple of loose ends but created new problems. Hopefully everyone will cool down a bit after christmas, I would hate to see such spite in the eyes of friends when people are supposed to be merry.

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more funky coincidences. (Or somebody up there has a twisted sense of humor.)

Just enough to turn merry christimas into merry hell. Twisted Evil

Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 5:03 pm    Post subject: More good Stuff... Reply with quote

Ahh, the wondrous combination of miscommunication and emotional overreaction. Razz Oops.

I certainly hope that everybody can cool off by the end of the holidays, or life in that house will get very, very tense.

I also feel sorry for Jazzy. I hope he survives the interrogation.

Shocked

SkunkFox

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's much to be said for this chapter you've masterfully spun together Shirh.

Simon and Lupe both agreed within their minds that they were glad nothing had happened between them last night. Though Simon doesn't think of the gift ring from Khan as his real weddingband yet, he may in time accept it for what it is and perhaps let the pain of losing his beloved ease some once he does. Their silent reflections on the previous night is rather compelling to how each thinks, and how they feel just in general of themselves, and of each other as friends.

Lita's worry gave spark to her temper and suspicions being aroused, if she had listened instead of ranting on she would have known what had actually happened between Lupe and Simon that night, and why she was unable to contact them at all. Rather saddening that things would come about in such a matter, but perhaps Jazzy once he returns or Izzy can help set things right between them. Though that one slap could pose hurtfilled memory's and strain between the two for sometime to come.

In other words Shirh I think it's an excellent chapter indeed, very well written, and emotional. Congrats Shirh your skills as a writer are beyond approach, and make me envious as well.

SkunkFox yes I can think past my own ego for a few minutes time. Oops....here's come the ego again!!! Ack it's too much help me!! *head explodes!!*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 11:45 am    Post subject: Between a Rock and a Hard Thing Reply with quote

Thanks, folks- I'm glad you like this chapter.
Hmm- what can I say, or reveal, without telling more than I should? Well, I'll allow this: go back, and check on Jazzy's demeanor in all the occasions he's been noticed. Then think about how he will react.

As for how the household will deal with this rift b/t Lupe and Marilita- Izzy isn't really the meddling type, though she might offer to be a mediator for the femmes. And Roger, I doubt he'd much blink; after all he's about as cool as a cucumber.

Now, coming up- well, we'll be getting back to the clinic, and all of the issue and problems that can be faced. I will say that there is a vaguely disturbing subplot in the works-- though there will be no 'visible' violence or anything like that, it will be implied-- so keep a watch for the signs. Nothing on the order of Beka and John, or even of Amanda Sabbateur- but something to think about, nonetheless. There will be good things to come up, very soon, as well, and involving Dr. Khan! So keep an eye out for that too- that should be sometime in the next three chapters.

For now, that is the whole kit and kaboodle. Speculate, please, and don't hesitate to ask questions- I just might give you an answer! Smile

-Shirh Khan

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Thing Reply with quote

Shirh Khan wrote:
And Roger, I doubt he'd much blink; after all he's about as cool as a cucumber.

Sorry, I just can not resist asking this:
Before or after it has been used. (Not for salad.)
Shocked Confused Rolling Eyes

Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Nameless' Post Reply with quote

Ha! Laughing

Definitely before!

(Come to think of it, if they're used in the same fashion, "after" is also just as true...) Twisted Evil ((Especially if Marilita is the one putting them to use...)) Shocked Laughing

-Shirh Khan

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this wouldbe classified under the TMI files

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> shirh khan All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 22 of 45

Jump to: