Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guildwars!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jai_taigas
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Guildwars! Reply with quote

Woo for Guildwars, if you play on amiercan server you can find me as Jai Taigas
Asalis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that game. Ive been meaning to post this game myself. I have three characters so far. each with the same first name Asalis. The one I use most is a Monk/Ranger that goes by the name Asalis Featherbloom. Dont ask. Anyway its a free online MMORPG that you go about doing quests and missions to save the land from a dreaded foe called the Charr. Apparently they want to see the anialation of the entire human race. and I'm not sure but I think the premium players, which are the ones who pay for their services, can actually play as the charr. Don't hold me to that because i'm not a premium customer. ANyone who has the game can gfeel free to correct me on that one. However it is of a post apocolyptic world for the most part so it's obvious that looking pretty wasn't the intention. however the game is more story driven that worlds of warcraft. yes the game does have a plot. The Charr have destroyed everything and the human race is on the verge of collaps. Its up to you to make sure that doesn't happen.

You basically start out in a world that fine and dandy. Most call this Pre Searng because of the beautiful lush green world. You spend this time leveling up your character and learnuing the ways of the game. For example the dual class feature. You can not progress through the game without dual classing your character. Depending on your choices will determin how you progress throughout the game. When you feel your ready to move on you just talk to the guard and the real game begins. Then you can witness the Charr desimating everything that the humans once held dear.

The graphics arn't near as good as what you'll find in worlds of warcraft but its better than I would have expect to get for free online play. However once you get past the ruines areas of Ascalon you'll soon find snowy mountains and green open lands again so its pretty good in detail though not perfect. But it does leave a pretty good atmousphere to the game.

Another unique feature about this game is the guilds that are all over the game. You can start one out at any time or choose just to mearly join on that someone els has started. If you decide to start one you can design capes for you guilds and offer invitations to those who want them. As a guild leader its also up to you to decide who will be the officers for your guild. And in time you will be able to purchase a guild hall so that your guild will have some place to stay. This take a lot of effort with your guild to obtain, but from what i've seen after joining one that had obtained a guild hall its well worth the effort.

My only other qualm is that the game levelup stops at level 20. Then its a constant run to gain skill points that you can use towards your character to buy skills or increase stats. It wasn't really thought out all that well of what you do once you beat the game plot and reach level 20. there isn't much to do beyon that of the guild battles your guild elder sets up. So all in all i'd give this game a 7 out of 10.

I have some screenshots but i'm not sure how to share them here considering that The attach image icon's arnt on this thread.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Asalis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright i'm just curious are ther any other furs who play Guild Wars? if So I'd just like to know. On my off days this game has me hooked.

We, dig, giant robots!

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Solis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got the game about a month ago.... haven't played much lately but it IS a good game. I realise this thread is old but feel free to look me up as "Solis Darkfire"
CJ_Krythos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to give all you a freindly hello by offering invites to all of you to join a furry guild in game. The Scions of the fur would be happy to have all ya if you are interested.

If you are already part of a furry guild, contact us anyways, Quite a few of us look forward to playing with other furs, even if we cannot be in the same guild. Can even develop an alliance between our guilds if you want or possibly merge(had a very small guild called the Anthro Fighters merge up with us).

http://scionsofthefur.6.forumer.com/

visit the guild hall lobby and introduce yourself. Make sure to give your in game name so me or one of the other officers can send out an invite. Or, if you dont want to join us, make note of that and we can just add ya to buddy list so if you ever need help, you can just ask. We would like every fur in existence to join us, but we know that isnt possible for many furs as they might have prior committments to other guilds.

If you want to get ahold of me in game and chill or need help running to a city. I do runs for free for furs to most cities up until the Krytan area. I can make the run to Droks , but I would actually have to charge you for that one(probably about half price, which is around 1500 as normal is 3000).

I can be contacted in game by the name "The Crimson Jackel"

thanks all for listening, Ill now return you to your regularly scheduled furry activities

CJ Krythos

PS. On another furry forum it was suggested that I send out these invites only to promote myself. I just want to come forward and say beforepaw that I do this because I like making new freinds and not for any personal gain. Im always looking for people to play alongside in game and our guild leader rewarded my efforts by making me an officer. If you have any disputes over me posting these ads to furry forums and sites, please contact Faora Meridian(our guild master) about them and confer with him about them. He can be reached in game through that name, or on our forum through that name. Just figured I would get that out in the open so someone doesnt start a big ruckus cus they think im a spammer. ^.^

"When taking a vacation from life, death is only the beggining and birth is only the end"
- Crimson Jackal
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey no prob Smile

thanks for the invite, i'm sure the furs that play Guildwars will apreciate joining up with other furs to have some fraggage Very Happy

thanks for the invite!

Asalis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not apart of any guild yet so an INvite would be nice. I havent been on it for so long I kinda forgot my characters names. i'll let you know when I get the chance to log on again. RL has been keepign me busy.

We, dig, giant robots!

I hate the DMV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: