Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amat Victoria Curam
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
You'd need a bit more than three X's before MY eyes start to melt... Wink
If you don't believe me, you might want to look at some of the things I've written...

Ooh! Where? Twisted Evil

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems I have my first couple of readers if I ever were to launch myself into the creative process of Yiff.

Not much of a chance, really. Very Happy

Okay...tomorrow you'll get 2 chapters...call it a reverse birthday gift, since I turn 30 this upcoming Friday. I figured I should do something special so...I'll let you have an extra chapter to digest.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
James R. Lane

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
...since I turn 30 this upcoming Friday...

Happy Hatch-Day! (A bit early, but then I might get flattened by a freight truck---so I'm not waiting!) Laughing

and
"Lifetimes"
Fikrann

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapters 6 and 7 are up! Go read! Now!

On a side note, chapters 3 to 7 have embedded glossaries on the very end of the chapter; I'm going merge glossaries for 1 and 2 in a bit .. this evening, most probably.
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yepyep, it's time to read again Smile As Fikrann said, two chapters are now up and posted, glossary and all.

Have fun and I'm already looking forward to your thoughts on these.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
James R. Lane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read them this afternoon.

GOOD stuff---! Wink

(Wheels within wheels...) Twisted Evil

and
"Lifetimes"
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice read. Plenty of plots...

Since you started the glossaries, it would be nice to have all the gladiator-related terms listed (and explained) in one place. (Noxii, Auctoritas, the various specific types of gladiators, ...). I know that some of them have been explained earlier (some in Transitions), but having it in one place would be great.

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably true, but I am still writing on this, so there may be more terms coming up later. What I can do is compile them all once the story is -done-...and then post them here on the board, for instance, so people have a place to look them up easily. But generally speaking, I try to add each new word the first time it comes into use.

But I'll take it into consideration and once I'm all done, I'll compile all the gladiator terms that I've used Smile
James R. Lane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And YOU'RE up early, Mike! #Shocked #Sleep
and
"Lifetimes"
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My computer decided to give me a really unpleasant birthday present. This morning, I got well over halfway through chapter 9 of AVC...this evening when I tried to open the file, I was told I couldn't open ANY AVC files because the entire folder was corrupted or damaged. I tried checkdisk to fix it...and the result was that AVC was deleted entirely off my harddrive.

Fortunately, Fikrann has the chapters that have been posted to date, and -LUCKILY- I had never gotten around to fixing the last spelling mistakes and such in chapter 8, which means that I still have that in my email inbox.

But ALL my notes are lost. Including a scene that Tigermark is the only one to have read. Unless he's got it on his harddrive...and I don't count on it...that scene is lost. I'd have to try to recreate it but I doubt it'd ever get as good again.

What does this mean? It means that I will post chapter 8 Monday as planned, and then I will post T2-chapters until I manage to piece together what I've lost of AVC. It may take a little while before I can get back to writing on this story...but I -will- get back to it.

Sorry all.
James R. Lane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that before you do ANY more work on you stories, you need to find out what went south with your computer.

These things don't happen at random---there's ALWAYS something behind the results, and that needs to be fixed BEFORE you do more---and possibly lose more---

Just my $.02 (before taxes...)

and
"Lifetimes"
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*nods* Completely true, Jim.

I think I found out, however. And it has been fixed. Fortunately, nothing more got lost, at least...
shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*pats the filly softly* There there, I know how that is.

I think we have all had problemslike that with our computers at some point or another. You want some simple advice from a kitty?

Buy yourself what is called a "jumpdrive" or "pendrive". They plug into your USB port and are about the size of...well, two of your fingers side by side. A simple 128MB sized one goes for about $30 US dollars. And considering the average word document is about...2MB each, sometimes 3 or 4? It adds up. I backup all my Word docs on mine. and even when it gets full, just compress them with something like WinZip and you can keep on going.

You wouldn't beileve how many important businiess doccuments i've saved from being trashed by my computer by backing them up like this. Very Happy

P.S. The 128MB is one of the smallest. They can go up to 4GB easily, but those are really expensive. But they have no OS to be messed up, just some memory space, thats all it is. ^_^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An USB stick is a good idea for backup.

Another idea is to use somebody else's computer for backup (at least for your writing). Simply email him the files with the understanding that he simply lets them sit on his PC in case you need them.

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked the prices for USB sticks. A 1gb stick would cost me 499 kroner. Icky. I think I'll wait, especially since Fikrann has just offered to set me up with an unlimited email account on one of her servers, where I can send all my stuff to as backup. THAT is a neat idea and I've gladly accepted.

That said, AVC 8 is up, so...go and read and have fun with it. Smile Things are reeeeally going to start shaping up with this chapter and the next one or two to come...

Let me hear what ya think of it Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 5 of 23

Jump to: