Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Transitions 2'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, bible thumpers is just one of two used expressions. One rarely hears it on this side of the Atlantic, which may account for why I use bible-beaters instead.

Just an FYI.

And the 7-11's here, run on the same franchise and selling many of the same items as in the US (even the same brands -where- it is possible...), do sell fruit. No veggies...but certainly fruit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, okay Embarassed

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got that across wrong. The point I was trying to make is that you're probably right about bible-thumpers, Styx...I am just simply -used- to the alternative expression, which is why I am using it. I'm convinced yours is probably the more correct one but I'd have to go back and correct a -lot-...in T1 too if I fixed it now so better to stick with the expression I've established, that's all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Besides,

if you kill her you'll never find out what happens next. Wink

Who said anything about killing her? Certainly not me. Twisted Evil

Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf Starchaser wrote:
Naaah. Twisted Evil All Hell's gonna be out for noon shortly. It's what makes the stories so interesting.

Damn, I'm tired of being right. #Shocked

I was expecting something fairly spectacular...but nothing nearly as nasty as that.

I guess I should have asked about specific dates a while ago...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note from the editing crew* While we strive to help Aslaug in matters of grammar and punctuation, and where slang or phrasing don't make sense in our version of English, we don't quibble of every slang term or phrase, such as when she writes that someone "puts the kettle over" for tea. that's a decidedly European phrase, but Aslaug is writing from her perspective and her experiences, and so we try to keep the "flavor" of her writings as intact as possible, unless what she's written is not easily understood in English. Thanks!

Tigermark (Who bows humbly to the Filly and slinks back into his proofer's hole)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this monday it's time to return to Transitions 2 for a few chapters. I know I left people with a pretty nasty cliffhanger last time so I hope you won't be disapointed in what you get Very Happy
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's up. In both HTML and PDF formats so people can pick and choose. I think Fikrann gets a kick out of tinkering with homepages, really Very Happy
Shirh Khan
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: In the news tonight.... Reply with quote

Well, now we've gotten confirmation about a certain male's proclavities. I can't say it's a surprise- I can't imagine how Emma could have been injured in the way she was in the way she explained it to folks. I've heard enough from various friends and associates to recognize, to some extent, when I'm hearing like what Emma's been put through beneath the relatively tranquil explanations a femme like herself gives to others.
Personally, I'd like to offer up a few ways on how to deal with the issue. Suffice it to say that this fur, while normally a very even tempered and good natured fellow, can think up methods of.....justice, that would likely have many hardened folks cringing, if not outright losing their appetites.

In a way, that almost makes the atrocities of the WTC attack pale in comparison. Yes, it is indeed a tragety what happened, and those who perpetrated the attack should be thought of as negatively as they are, but if one *must* look for something reasonable out of that, it could be said that the WTC attack was (most likely??) motivated by religious beliefs.
What's happened to Emma wasn't anything so clean or technically righteous. Emma's suffering wasn't something done in the name of spiritual expression, but because of some fur's needs to act on his id, to let loose his inner child and rage because he can. Such a being shouldn't be allowed to continue breathing, in my opinion.

I will wait as patiently as I can, to see just what happens to such a fur. And no, folks- if the opportunity came up for me to be able to do something, you'd have to line up behind me. Provided that you didn't loose your lunch, watching me at my self-appointed task.

**Humming a jaunty tune, while squeezing sulfuric acid up into a certain fur's interesting places, then supergluing said places shut...**

-Shirh Khan

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
James R. Lane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: In the news tonight.... Reply with quote

Shirh Khan wrote:

**Humming a jaunty tune, while squeezing sulfuric acid up into a certain fur's interesting places, then supergluing said places shut...**

-Shirh Khan

Oh, the wealth of ideas we imaginative folks can envision, when presented with an opportunity to PRACTICE them--- Twisted Evil

The main thing would be keeping such a roach (mostly) alive long enough for us to "try out" all of our ideas, donchaknow...

#Shocked

(I may burn in Hell for my thoughts and deeds, but I'll also be there WAITING for such roaches to show up...and I'll be sure to have some "special treats" cooked up--- just for them.)

and
"Lifetimes"
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting read. Can't call it a good read, not with all the things that are happening, but...

Anyway there are a few things that struck me as odd:
When Malcolm gets out of the bus both towers are burning. As far as I can remember there was almost half an hour between the two crashes. Either he'd have to have been unconscicious for a long time or it had taken the police furs a long time to clear the area around the WTC of traffic.
Or, of course, things happened a little different in that reality...

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*nods* I have to admit I took some liberties with the timeline. The towers, in real life, were hit with about half an hour's interval as you said. I'm assuming it's probably a little shorter between the two hits in this story. However...after the first one hit, the situation was absolutely chaotic. Eyewitnesses describe a state of absolute confusion on the ground. The bus had apparently emptied, and the cops would have to deal with a lot of frightened people. Neither Malcolm, not the one he carried out of the bus, would've been visible from the outside. I'm guessing Malcolm was probably out for about twenty minutes. He got trampled pretty bad and knocked his head.

But you're right, the interval between the two hits as we remember it, real life, would lead to the confusion you mention.
shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowjaguar wrote:

I dont know what it is..or why, But I have a strange feeling about that. Something about Emma's boyfriend dosent click right with me. He seems like a nice fur, and he probably is. But he just seems..off, like he is hideing something.

I'm not even going to say "I told you so."

And forget about sulfuric acid. Use mineral spirits mixed with Amonia. Twisted Evil

With people like that, I beleive in Natural Selection. As in I naturaly select to remove them from the gene pool. Raise a paw if you agree. Twisted Evil

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
James R. Lane

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowjaguar wrote:
...I naturaly select to remove them from the gene pool. Raise a paw if you agree. Twisted Evil

Yup. There are those here who strongly disagree with yours and my sentiments on this, but I just hope they never have to deal with the consequences of allowing such animals to continue living...

Locally, years ago, a convicted murderer who had escaped from prison "landed" here, broke into a woman's house and, for several days, tortured and raped the woman and her teen-age daughter before falling asleep with the daughter not securely tied up. She escaped, and the cops caught him. I had (as a newsman) a subsequent "close encounter" with him, and it was like being sized up by a king cobra.

Pure, unadulterated evil, and far better for everyone ELSE in the world if he were dead. Alive, there's always a chance he can escape again---and once more do what he does best... Evil or Very Mad

and
"Lifetimes"
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowjaguar wrote:

And forget about sulfuric acid. Use mineral spirits mixed with Amonia. Twisted Evil

With people like that, I beleive in Natural Selection. As in I naturaly select to remove them from the gene pool. Raise a paw if you agree. Twisted Evil

I don't believe in Ammonia...

I think the Nazis did a bit of experimenting on pain during WWII, by injecting Parafin(Petroleum distilate of some sort, often used for heating. I have no clue what it is called in English) into arms and legs... injecting it with a needle long enough to touch bone...

Other than that, a barrelful of nails should help...
Empty the barrel, take a hammer and knock them in, so that the inside of the barrel is full of nails... Push worthless piece of meat inside and use said hammer and a couple of leftover nail to affix the lid.
Find a decent hill and let gravity do the rest.

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 6 of 54

Jump to: