Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'bout time!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 2:23 pm    Post subject: 'bout time! Reply with quote

I see that Tabitha Chapter 11 is in progress now, finally! Hopefully all us rabid fans won't have to wait too long for it, eh Chris?

Oh, and thanks for cutting down on the huge graphics on the page. At least one 33.6k-er is happy!

Back in action!

Anyone who calls themselves normal is either a fascist or a liar.
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 'bout time! Reply with quote

whiterabbit wrote:
I see that Tabitha Chapter 11 is in progress now, finally! Hopefully all us rabid fans won't have to wait too long for it, eh Chris?

Oh, and thanks for cutting down on the huge graphics on the page. At least one 33.6k-er is happy!

YAY!!! & {Gripe!} Here too; something on one of those images keeps disconnecting me. A Mac problem where or when a data stream resembles like something I cant define yet- it disconnects. It happens on other sites, but since those images were put up, it occurred there too. {/Gripe!}
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
SkunkFox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EWWWWW!!!!!! 33.6kbs modem?? Gross! *Takes Andre straight to Fry's for an emergency upgrade to his computer!* Code Blue! We have antique hardware coming through! *crowd parts whispering and say snide comments as they stare at the antique* I could mail you one of my spare 56kbs cards since I've got dozens of them laying around in storage. I just hope one of them still work (alison flooded my storage room out last year), or better yet it's only 5-10 bucks to get one. You could install it yourself since it's basically plug and play with modem cards now or days.
    Heck Andre make a wish list of what you want in your comp, and I'll see if I've got the parts laying around unused here.

Oh I'm sorry for you Elfen_Furry *snicker* I really am honest *chortle* I've never actually met anyone that could use a Mac correctly let alone want one in their home. *Laughing out loud* You *snicker* need to go to the microsoft website to get updates to your Mac. it's sounds like your using the older drivers so it's time for the Mac's true fault to come to light, you'll never get the patches and upgrades you need to fix the problem. *LMTO!!!!* I'm...soo....sorry....for..........Mwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

SkunkFox laughing himself silly at the moment!!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By no choice of mine am I on a blueberry iMac. It has a 56k modem, the lines around here are just too old.

Back in action!

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiterabbit wrote:
By no choice of mine am I on a blueberry iMac. It has a 56k modem, the lines around here are just too old.

There's no problem with an IFruit, just use the latest drivers. As for Skunky being a Macphobe, NYAH! Mac Users are people too, not that I use one mind you... Very Happy

whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a PC that I built myself. I just can't use it at the moment. This iFruit needs a 120mm blowhole in the top. I swear, this thing has absolutely no active cooling. Just one heatsink on the side somewhere out of the way.

Back in action!

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 'bout time! Reply with quote

whiterabbit wrote:

33.6? WoW! My apologies for that! I'll be sure to keep that in mind for the future!

Y'see, I had pre-loaded the full-sized images and squashed 'em down to the size you saw, so when you clicked them they opened the full-sized pic instantly. On my 56K dialup they weren't so bad, so I left them as is. I promise I won't do that again!

Chapter 11 coming soon ... I hope!

Best,
Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should hope so! Razz Good luck with all that stuff going on, too, Chris. Smile

Back in action!

RodTerl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 10:17 am    Post subject: Slow Machines? Reply with quote

Sighs softly, hope your buisiness prospects get better a lot quicker Chris, oh, and the pictures?.. Ive had severe trouble also with a couple, as Ive said, Ive had to use severalprograms to try to decode several images from various sources, it seems to be someone like MS releasing Propriety JPEG codes, so that only their software will decode them. Um, is there any chance you can use an older, more standard codec, or PNG, or anything else.. I really get some weird results.

I apologise for that. 8(

Hmmm, lets see, should a machine be selected for its maximum overall performance, price no question?, or should it be selected so it integrates easily into current, and future communication systems, then designed to use minimum resources, hence be nice, cheap, easy to use, and very tough due to requiring older componants.

By the way, take a look at the so called SimPuter, then compare it to what I use.

I use at home, a Base Amiga A1200, CPU at 14 Mhz, origional AGA graphics support chip set at 28 Mhz. It comes bare with 2 Megbyte of 32 bit graphics memory, and Ive fitted a standard 8 Megbyte 32 bit CPU only memory expansion card. The A500 can actually run with as little as 3 Megbyte memory total for net access, the software I use is a bit bloated. I use a 56k moden, and it saturates, constantly, even when downloading archived binaries, whilst chatting on Muck and IRC, multitaskin perfectly.

Ive found a nice PCMCIA card that offers dual USB 2 ports, so it will be interesting to see just how fast ADSL has to go to equal the card ports speed, currently Im limited to only 500k, if I installed it. and a rough guess shows that the card slot can saturate a 30Mbps links, so, looks like I wont really need to speed my machine up yet, it plays lo res mono MP3 in mutitask as well. Just like AM radio. Or, I can by an MP3 chip that plugs in the parrallel port, and turn the digital stream to a few byes per sec load on the CPU.

Ive yet to Buy a 20Gig HD plus, to check the interface, but so far I got a 3.2 Gig HD, a 4.2 G, a CDRW, and a DVDROM, all accessible. I missed out bying a DVDRAM for $120 last week, because I didnt have the cash, Checking the specs, shows I burn a DVDR, slowly, I get nearly DVDROM playback. For those who say it would take me weeks to burn it.. thats why Id use a MPEG2 codec card in a PC, as a copro, Or, if its a PCI, I can vbue a mediator card, and plug the MPEG codec into that, the card does the conversion.

And, just to nark Gates, I keep my origional 1990 A500plus with SCSI interface, etcetc, wired up, plugged in, checked and ready to go, just in case the A1200 goes down in mid type. Even now, since you can now pull A1200 out of the skip for nothing.

Mrrrr.. Put AGA, better still, Hombre chipset on the P4 die, altering the masks, and optimisiong, will get you approx 400 billion texture map, full anti alias, quarter pixel accurate 32 bit color, Genlockable pixels per sec. Of course, this doesnt include the ray tracing time required, but Lightwave uses curves to create its objects, then translates to polygons to render. and Thats an old idea. If That was brought out as hardware, instead of just simple wipes and transitions and effects, ala Toaster, NVidia would really get a headache.

Grin Cool, why you think I got into time travel, Ive been working on the physics required to create the ultimate graphics card. Reality. Cool

And before you ask, no, it wasnt designed to plug into an Amiga when I started. I started in 1987, so it was to plug into my ZX Spectrum Cool.

Im still waiting. intent seems to be the only real improvement in CPU technology since the late 70s. Dont believe me?.. Just have a closer look at the improvements in CPUs then, and compare them to the improvements since. In the 80s and 90s, CPUs were evolutionary, in the 70s, they were Revolutionary.

Ive had two basic machines over the last 20 years. Im waiting for the next one thats worthy of the honor of being called the Ultimate Home Computer.

Amiga. Its a way of life.

RodTerl

Glug Glug Glug, GAHHH, Whats in this coffee?.. Jolt????? @.@
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good lord

Shocked

Luddite! Laughing

Psychofrog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:22 am    Post subject: odd note Reply with quote

Behold, one of the most powerful furries on the net, controlling the sway of the most poular chars on the net... sitting on a mediocre line, (its still dialup) with an out of the way comp and still manages, my god what a hero!

hehehe just thought i'd say Hi as well and as a personal treat, im going to write a story too!!

*gathers crayons and construction paper....*
Laughing
SkunkFox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fish I'm afraid....there's an amiga user here....and a new writer has shown his uh muzzle? Or uh aw heck what the heck can you call a frogs mouth? Guess mouth'll work...hmm wonder if he's cute? Ack! Stop that! Nooo....Mphf! *SkunkFox is currently being tied up by several males and femmes, who plan on doing strange ritualistic naughty stuff to him*

SkunkFox *Help me!!*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NovaFox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of rituals? May I join? *picks up his handcuffs and his leash*
RealDesertFox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Oh lord, theres another British person here...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: