Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Transitions 2'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very sweet chapter.

Makes me wonder where the nuclear demo charge is hidden. Shocked

Chapters like this are what I generally see referred to as "the Calm Before the Storm", and usually, the sweeter the calm, the nastier the storm.

Or maybe I'm just a suspicisous old wuff...

Naaah. Twisted Evil All Hell's gonna be out for noon shortly. It's what makes the stories so interesting.

Ave Scriptor! #Popcornsmile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf Starchaser wrote:
Chapters like this are what I generally see referred to as "the Calm Before the Storm", and usually, the sweeter the calm, the nastier the storm.

Well, given that it is very early in this story, it is still the "intro" phase. Setting up the board, as it were.

I kinda like trying to puzzle out foreign words (I could always look them up in a dictionary, but where's the fun in that...)
Take 'Grøften'.
The first word that comes to mind is "Gruft" (German for crypt).
But given the translation in the story, "Graben" is also related (German for ditch). Whee! Wink

Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Well, given that it is very early in this story, it is still the "intro" phase. Setting up the board, as it were.

Point. But still, we have already established several possible avenues for interesting events to unfold.

Master Yoda wrote:
The boy has no patience.

Too true.
Twisted Evil

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
D.F. Thompson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulls out harmonica and starts playing. Any time you care to join M'lady feel free.

WOOT WOOT Chapter 3 keep up the good work.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shadu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No comment as of yet only to let you know i'll probably be back online tomorrow, if so i'll post my thoughts on the stories then.
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.F. Thompson wrote:
Pulls out harmonica and starts playing. Any time you care to join M'lady feel free.

*pulls out his mandolin* What are we playing?

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmigaDragon wrote:
What are we playing?

Theme from "Jaws"?

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry the story hasn't been updated yet. I tried getting a hold of Fikrann yesterday but she wasn't online and she hasn't been online yet, today either.

I'll ask her to please upload the next chapter as soon as possible.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhmm..is it just me, or are the words for the chapter links on AVC and Trans2 invisivle unless oyu highlight them? Question
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's just you. I have no problem seeing it. I should say again it's honestly best viewed with Mozilla Firefox...which in my honest opinion is a -much- better and less buggy browser than Explorer in any case...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True...Microsoft is ebil! *goes to get the torches and pitchfork*

But I can't use firefox all that well. It runs really, really slow on page loadups for me. I have a slow computer. x_x
About all its good for is surfing, and writeing my poor excuses for stories so far....I have problems with makeing things consise. Rolling Eyes

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed even on my 2+GHz 512MB machine (with only 32MB graphics card) that the filly's pages scroll slowly where most others scroll decently. (Could it be anything to do with the BG image not scrolling with the rest of the page? Transparency or any other special effects?)
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowjaguar wrote:
Uhmm..is it just me, or are the words for the chapter links on AVC and Trans2 invisivle unless oyu highlight them? Question

I have the same problem with IE but I haven't seen any problem with scrolling though I too like Firefox becaus of less popups and tabbed browsing, but there are a whole slew of sites that only work properly with IE. I hope the new version of IE addresses these points I mean there is no reason for M$ not to add tabs to IE Evil or Very Mad

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...the homepage was designed by Fikrann, and I like it a whole lot the way it is Smile

I hope it's still possible for you to read the story, though.

Chapter 4 is up...have fun reading.
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrm...the chapter is up but the chapter-list isn't updated.

Most of you know how to do this...but for those who want to read and don't know, this is the adress...

http://www.planetfurry.com/users/aslaug/writings/T2/chapters/T2-Ch04.html

I must ask you all to be patient these days...Fikrann's server went belly up, croaked and waved a little white flag, all at once, on monday. After years of dutiful service, it apparently decided to die -very- thoroughly. According to Fikrann, it's not possible to recover it. She'll have to set up a new one.

Since that server is important for her work, it naturally has to be dealt with first and foremost.

Anyway, the chapter link is there...you can go and read if you'd like, and I'm looking forward to what you all have to say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 3 of 54

Jump to: