Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transitions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D.F. Thompson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.F. walks in with his footsteps echoing off the forum walls. Wow amazing what happens when there is a con going on. So Ms. La any hints on whats instore for us with AVC and Transitions 2. Hmmm...Wink

One is certain after reading Transtions they'll be just as good if not better. The masses gather to hear another great tale from their mistress fiction.

A question about AVC how much of it will be based on historical fact?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sticks a finger in her ear and rummages around*

Ohhh damned, he used the evil word.

There's no such thing as historical fact Wink Long explanation but historical fact doesn't exist. There's historical truth, but that's different.

Anyway, I plan on basing AVC on actual events. At least as a backdrop. The main story will be fiction but it will be set against a background of real events.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Historical fact....isn't that an oxymoron?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
D.F. Thompson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh as in The winner gets to write the history saying. Ok based on histroy of the period, hows that instead. Of historical f**t.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Wow. Reply with quote

Forgive me, M'Lady, for coming as late to the party as I have.

I was only recently introduced to your story by the inestimable Shirh Khan, and I have to say it was one of the most engrossing tales I have readthis year. (Other top contenders include the last Harry Potter novel and the novelization of Revenge f the Sith, but I digress.) I tore through the entire thing in just two weekends, and I thought it was wonderful.

Excuse me while I go gorge myself on A.V.C...
Mr. Green

Hail, then, and well met. *bows*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Starchaser. You'll have to settle for mere nibbles of A.V.C. like the rest of us, since she's barely started writing it. Wink
Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmigaDragon wrote:
You'll have to settle for mere nibbles of A.V.C. like the rest of us, since she's barely started writing it. Wink

Eh. Such is life. Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Wolf Starchaser. Very happy to have you with us here in this corner of Planetfurry... Smile Glad you enjoyed 'Transitions' that much, and I hope I won't let your expectations down with either AVC or Transitions 2.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wolf Starchaser

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

's nice to be here. Thank Shirh Khan; he pointed Transitions out to me.

I used to be much more of a regular hereabouts; I kinda drifted away for a while.

I look forward to reading whatever you put out, whenever it's posted.
Cool

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided to reread this and something struck me as odd when I did. I don't know if this was commented on before, but here goes:

When Watson abducts Gabriele, he meets her there at around 9:30 AM (he met his goons at 9:00). I wonder how he knew that she would be at home at this time. If she worked a regular job, she would have been long gone by then. I don't think she told her schedule to her parents...
And it is clear that he expects to meet her there and that he didn't wait for her to come back home from work because he arranged the flight back with the understanding that he would get her at that time.

So, is this a small continuity error or did I miss something?

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, that -is- a little thing I never considered.

I believe that he could easily have asked around though. The other furs living in the apartment building wouldn't know about the family problems between Gabby and her parents, and he could have asked one of them.

Generally, I think it's one of those small blunders that are bound to sneak in...I admit that one.
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watson doesn't strike me as the type who'd go around and ask the neighbours. Besides, the way I read it, he had the schedule set up before he ever got a chance to talk to them.

A really weird thought struck my while I was reading the dinner conversation between Zig and Gabby in chapter 30:
The last pope has been busy elevating people to sainthood left and right.
If he had ANY sense Zig should have been among that number... Wink

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*grins* I agree there.

Well, as for Watson...I'm sure he had his way of knowing. I'm just not sure what that way was, even as the writer. Watson didn't tell me much, before he got a fatal case of death, y'see. He was a tight-lipped little git.

In any case, I wasn't as experienced at writing then as I am now...I honestly did not think of why he'd know but I am pretty sure there are ways he could have known. If nothing else...Watson -was- the type who would come to Gabby's home, wait there all day if he had to, and take her with him WHENEVER she came home. If Jean happened to get there first, then too bad. Considering Gabrielle's parent's opinion of our vixen, she'd be expendable...
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before leaving Denver he called some contacts in Columbus and had her watched by the time he arrived he knew her comings and goings or he made a REALLY lucky geuss.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another small thing that hit me:

In chapter 55 when Esteban's parents talk you write their lines in "mexican accented english" which I can't help but read as meaning that they're talking in English. If you just translated the conversation from Spanish you wouldn't need to use the accent. And I kind of think they would talk in Spanish in that scene (Jean isn't around, after all).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 41 of 48

Jump to: