Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hitchhiker Fan's

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

So what's your favorite version of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
The Original BBC Radio Version
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
The Book's
42%
 42%  [ 12 ]
The BBC Mini Series
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
The New Movie
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Or Can't Decide
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 28

Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Hitchhiker Fan's Reply with quote

So what's your favorite version of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

I really can't decide myself.

Nite
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen the movie, I plan to read the books (which I've heard are far superior).
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen the movie yet but even if I did I am pretty sure that my answer would still be the books.
Clydesdale

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent seen the movie yet, but I have enjoyed readling the books.
Vee Are Are Schee
Mini-Boss

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liked the old special, liked the books, although the last one was kind of dissapointing to me. I didn't see the latest movie yet, and never heard the radio thing.

But the two I have seen I have seen compulsively. *nods*
Asalis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have only seen the movie I have voted to remain undecided until I have read, heard, or seen more.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Rozy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friedn had me read bits and pieces of the book but i havent read it, ive seen the BBC series, that was amusing, but overall i like the new movie and i cant wait for more
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who only know one version, just beware of this the other versions are meant to be different, Douglas Adams didn't want them to be the same.
RunningCat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen the orginal BBC TV series (when I worked at PBS telethone we ran it) Saw the Movie earier this year (liked it) and am currentaly reading all the books that are now availble in one LARGE novel (like it as well) I never knew there was BBC radio version but am not surpised. I will have to look into seeing if I can either download it or buy it.
beno

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. Douglas Adams was a comedy genius. I went for the BBC mini series myself. I just think it's the best interpretation of it.
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunningCat wrote:
I have seen the orginal BBC TV series (when I worked at PBS telethone we ran it) Saw the Movie earier this year (liked it) and am currentaly reading all the books that are now availble in one LARGE novel (like it as well) I never knew there was BBC radio version but am not surpised. I will have to look into seeing if I can either download it or buy it.

You should be able to buy it from the BBC website, my first copy was taken by an ex-girlfriend, but a friend burned me an MP3 copy

Stormwalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a radio play, and I could have SWORN I downloaded it from the BBC website maybe 6 months ago. However, I can't for the life of me find a link for you furs. That said, I've still got the files and I can set up a (fairly slow) bittorrent of them - ~140 meg or so. It's a series of 13 mp3 files, roughly half an hour long, IIRC. Float me a PM or jump on me on an IM if you want them - if demand is high enough, I'll post a link here to my BT tracker. Smile

That said, I haven't got off my lazy tail to LISTEN to the plays, yet. Laughing I just skipped through them, and they appear to work.

For the topic of the thread: I think I prefer the books over the movie, but not by much. I've always been that way, though - LOTR is a good example. The movies were very well done, but... I still like the books better. Smile
Pischk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to go with the books. Far superior to anything I have seen of the movie script. Just so much you can through into a 2-3 hr film, if it was that long. Only so much detail can be put into the movie, as where the book alot of it, is excercising your imagination to the point where your almost watching it like a film in your mind as you read.

My two cents.

Co-Founder, #CrashPadCafe (irc.esper.net)
Op team member, #Kwkat (irc.esper.net)
Op team member, #furry (irc.esper.net)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: