Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The end...?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: The end...? Reply with quote

Well people, it had to happen.

'Transitions' is complete. Monday will see the posting of chapter 80. Five minutes ago, I sent that last chapter off to my proofreaders, and I am sitting here with a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach.

This story has taken me on a long, fantastic journey. Going around the world on a pogostick could not have been such an adventure as writing this has been for me. There have been good times and bad times. But it is done and finished.

There's more story though, and I must aknowledge my own muse and her demands.

I can't leave these furs alone.

If I started writing Amat Victoria Curam now...it'd take a year or more before I got back to the furs from 'Transitions'. I don't want to wait that long. If I started 'Transitions 2' now, it'd take a year or more before I got to AVC.

I don't want to wait that long for that, either. That problem has been nagging me for some time, now. I haven't known exactly how to handle it, but I've come to a decision. I will work on both of them. It should also help keep me from getting a too serious case of writers' block when I can swap over to another project. What this means in practical terms is that I'll likely post chapters on one story for one month, then for the other the next month. That, at least, is the idea so far. It might also mean my updates will no longer be taking place clockwork on mondays but I will still TRY to at least update once a week.

Anyway...'Transitions' is now a complete story. Right now, a lot of thoughts are racing around in my head. I'm sad, and happy at the same time. Sad that it's the end of the road...happy that it's the start of a new one.

Thank you all for having supported me and read my story through this past year or so. For feeling with my characters, for getting to know them...for your thoughts and input.

For all the laughs we've had so far.

Remember to laugh...you'll live longer and have more fun along the way.

I did it. I finished it. And now, I'm going to treat myself to a glass of red wine an a good steak, and celebrate that I have come so far.

Thank you...all of you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I speak for us all when I say...Very good job. You made a story that is addictive and fun to read. It didnt stay on one genre all the time like some stories tend to do. You had comedy, drama, action, adventure, and plenty of plot twists to keep it interesting, but not too many to lose us poor readers. Smile

All that I can say is that you make a good story, and you should never stop working with that creative mind of yours. You have a rare gift, to make a story, not a novel, tht can hook readers of diffrent ages.

Besides, I like Esteban's accent. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'ey, geeve the lobo a break, no?

Heh...I should have T-shirts made with that print. It's become a catchphrase.

To be perfectly honest with you all...I worried about his accent. I worried that any hispanics reading this, might think I was making fun of them. In all honesty I think it's an absolutely brilliant accent and it has been fun writing. At first I had to keep reminding myself to exchange all long I-sounds with the double-E, but at the end...well...

Eet's been kinda automateec, eef you know what I mean, amigos!

Thank you for your kind words though, SJ...I will certainly look forward to your input on the next stories too...as well as that of everyone else.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scarlet Blackpaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The end...? Reply with quote

Aslaug wrote:
Thank you...all of you.

And thank you for putting your story up, I've enjoyed reading it immensely. You really have a way of bringing the characters to life; showing how they work through times good and bad with each other and how they grow with each new experience.

I'm looking forward to both AVC and T2. Even if they're only half as good as Transitions, they'll be well worth reading.

James R. Lane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The end...of the beginning.

Like many others have done over the years, in all forms of literature, this story has been left "open ended", and has plenty of "meat" left for further adventures.

I, for one, am looking forward to them!

and
"Lifetimes"
StrayCat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: The end...? Reply with quote

Quote:
Even if they're only half as good as Transitions, they'll be well worth reading.

An understatement - if they're only half as good, they'll still be as good as (or better than) anything else I've ever read on the 'net!

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice read.

James R. Lane wrote:
Like many others have done over the years, in all forms of literature, this story has been left "open ended", and has plenty of "meat" left for further adventures.

Wanda and Rafe couldn't agree more. At least with the "meat" part... Rolling Eyes Wink

Anyway, thank you for a fantastic story.

James R. Lane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Nice read.

James R. Lane wrote:
... and has plenty of "meat" left for further adventures.

Wanda and Rafe couldn't agree more. At least with the "meat" part... Rolling Eyes Wink

I'm glad at least somebody caught that--- Twisted Evil

(I'm also sure plenty of others did...and wished they hadn't... Whistle )

and
"Lifetimes"
shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James R. Lane wrote:
Nameless wrote:
Nice read.

James R. Lane wrote:
... and has plenty of "meat" left for further adventures.

My eyes! My eyes! *runs around in circles*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StrayCat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My eyes! My eyes! *runs around in circles*

Crap! Beat me to it! Shocked

Scarlet Blackpaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="James R. Lane"]
Nameless wrote:

Oh I caught it. Got an intresting mental image thanks to that, much to the dismay of my friend who was in the room at the time and asked my why I was laughing. Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: