Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teens Sell Their Services on eBAY

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Feel sorry for em'?
Nope! Too busy laughing ^_^
90%
 90%  [ 18 ]
Yup. That's just cruel and unusual O_O
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 20

Joshua Fox
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Teens Sell Their Services on eBAY Reply with quote

No, it's not what you think, but this is a good lesson to learn for any young people who would've thought this sort of thing was a good idea. That especially goes for you, Miss Elle Wink

Not Much Demand for Teenage Labor

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. (AP) — Two college-bound teenagers learned a lesson when they decided to sell a week of their time to the highest bidder. They hoped for fortune and adventure — and got neither.

Under the heading "Buy us for one week to do those tedious tasks you hate!" Chris Pullen and Chip Davis posted their pictures on eBay with a minimum bid of $1. Bidding began on July 29.

When the auction closed Monday, the teens learned the winning bidder — a St. Joseph resident — had offered a mere $246.50 for their services.

Davis has e-mailed the teens' future boss, but the details of the work arrangement haven't been reached. Because the teens are headed off to the University of Missouri at Columbia this weekend, the work week might be split up into seven one-day sessions.

"I don't think I'll do it again," Davis said of the experience.

And a follow-up story no more than a week later:

EBay Teens Discover New Employer: Mom

ST. JOSEPH, Mo. (AP) — First, they auctioned off a week of their time online for a fraction of what they had hoped to make.

Then, college-bound students Chip Davis and Chris Pullen learned the identity of their eBay "buyer": Davis' mother, Mary.

"Like I'm going to let some pedophile or whatever win? I don't think so," she said Friday. "I would have paid $5,000 for the safety of those two — no question."

Davis, 18, and Pullen, 19, found out Mary Davis' secret on Thursday, dashing any hopes that they would at least get to travel because of the auction.

"After finding out the winner was from St. Joseph, I was disappointed," Chip Davis said. "But now I'm even more disappointed to find out it was my mom."

Mary Davis used a screen name the two would not recognize, and checked the family's computer in secret to make sure she had the winning bid.

She said she planned to get her money's worth out of the two, who will start classes later this month at the University of Missouri-Columbia.

"It's a legal contract," she said, "so the longer they put it off, the longer the list of work will get."

I'd feel sorry for these two; but I'm too busy laughing.

"This is PNN".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my home town to. Laughing Laughing Lesson one start off higher than a dollar. Lesson two make sure your mom isn't bidding. Laughing Laughing

Edit: I don't feel sorry for them, it's to funny. Next time they get some crazy idea to make money they'll think it through more carefully.

Vee Are Are Schee
Mini-Boss

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[insert the kind of comment you would expect I'd make in a post where two teens sell their services, along with last second twist in which the post suddenly seems a lot more innocent than I was leading you to think]
Sigurd Volsung

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still het a kick out of the kid who tried selling his first kiss on E-bay, and another guy who was selling his soul piece by piece
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a girl that sells her dirty undies on ebay... The pervs pays big money for that. Go figure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Sildra

Location: I appear to have misplaced myself, could you help me find myself?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that, sadly amusing.
Nitch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our drummer sold his dignity on eBay. Someone in VA paid $16 for it.
Sildra

Location: I appear to have misplaced myself, could you help me find myself?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen just glass bottles of 'air' sold for 10 bucks on Ebay.
Danny
Banned From Internets

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it´s sad I´m not active on eBay... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Elle Femme

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Teens Sell Their Services on eBAY Reply with quote

[quote="Joshua Fox"]No, it's not what you think, but this is a good lesson to learn for any young people who would've thought this sort of thing was a good idea. That especially goes for you, Miss Elle Wink

* stocks tongue out at Joshua Fox* "I am not that stupid! Funny story, tho..."

---Elle

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Dead Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: