Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transitions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, Olsen Banden was filmed in Norway, too?
(I'm not certain which is the original, and which is the copy. Should probably read the credits sometime)

Seen the 'young Olsen Banden' films?

And yes, the classics are just hilarious!
(I pity the non-scandinavians out there)

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know they were filmed in Norway too but the concept was created by two danish movie-makers. Most importantly Erik Balling. The originals were danish. However, the studio was "Nordisk Film" and back then, that studio was more a joint Scandinavian project. So the norwegians got their own version with actors that -they- knew.

I remember reading a book on this many years ago, anyway.

As for the young-Olsen-banden movies...no, never saw those. That started as a television christmas-calender here and in Norway at the same time if I remember right. It wasn't a hit in Denmark so the concept was never developed further here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I fell behind while family was visiting...
Mountain_Mage wrote:
I started with Sabrina-On-Line and my idea of Zig Zag was formed from that. When I found ZZtS, I enjoyed the story but it was almost as if Zig Zag's personality changed. I'm sorry to say that I thought that it was a change for the worst.

Well, a BIG difference there is that in the strip, ZZ has nobody close (personally intimate). In all the other stories I've read she has James (one way or another).

OK, now I'm caught up (once I read chapter 79).

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, the strip and the various stories don't fit together perfectly, but the way I see Zig's development is like this:

The strip happens first:
Her "mothering" and part of her teasing are natural, part of her real self. But she exaggers her teasing as part of her "mask" to keep others (and herself) from looking at the horrible things that happened in her past.

ZZtS comes later and during that time her mask finally crumbles, but she has not yet reaped all the benefits of her relationship with James. A part of her playful nature is suppressed while she struggles with the changes in her life and coming to terms with her past. At least that is with the current end of the storyline...

Transitions comes later still. Zig has dealt with most of the demons of her past and this allows her to let her playful nature come out again.

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe not...but she won't really be looking for hot young studs anyway. She's got James, so she's a kept femme. Anyway, she's certainly got all the makings of someone who can keep her looks into her forties, with just a tiny bit of work, in my opinion. Considering that T2 will take place a couple of years later than Transitions...you'll just have to read that when it hits the homepage Razz

Stay tuned...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scarlet Blackpaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mountain_Mage wrote:
I know that, as a business-fur, she has to be serious at times, but your Zig Zag seems to retain the sense of fun she shows in SoL. I hope that explains it better.

Then again, with Gabrielle around I don't think one can stay serious all the time. She exude's silliness and it's rubbed off on everyone at the studio. Well, everyone except for maybe Darke.

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Gabby soften Darke up? Will it take more than even that filly can dish out to make her smile once? Stay tuned... #Silly Laughing
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only one thing to say to that!

@#¤$&§*[]% filly!!
Scarlet Blackpaw

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmigaDragon wrote:
Will Gabby soften Darke up? Will it take more than even that filly can dish out to make her smile once? Stay tuned... #Silly Laughing

I think that Darke already is smiling.

Aslaug wrote:
I have only one thing to say to that!

@#¤$&§*[]% filly!!

I guess you could say that Darke Khat is a real sour pus Very Happy *ducks behind the nearest piece of cover*

shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarlet Blackpaw wrote:

I guess you could say that Darke Khat is a real sour pus Very Happy *ducks behind the nearest piece of cover*

*Chuckles softly and shakes his head* That is one feline that I try to stay a good distance from. I tend to think she is a bit more unstable than nitro. Shocked

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StrayCat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked out Cirrel's pics -- one word -- WOW Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you think I use one of them as my avatar? I swear, 'WOW' doesn't cover my initial reaction. Very Happy
shadowjaguar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW as in WOW? Or WOW as in fall out of your seat and land on your tail wow? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tigermark
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More like look so intently you bump your nose on your monitor and THEN fall on your own tail wow. Great Job, C. right down to the adam's apple in the closeup.

Tigermark

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, TM, that isn't an Adam's apple. Jean doesn't have one...or at least it's so far into her throat it doesn't show. If you look closer, you'll see it's the muscle-tone on her throat in general.

If you go and look up the chapter where Jean and Esteban takes a trip to 'Satyr', you'll find that Julie behind the bar even comments that Jean doesn't have an Adam's apple.

But everyone has a V-shaped muscle on their throats, and if you look at a toned person, turning his or her head to the side, that muscle will become taught and thereby visible. I would've corrected Cirrel if it was an Adam's apple Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 37 of 48

Jump to: