Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good News/Bad News
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 1:09 pm    Post subject: Good News/Bad News Reply with quote

The good news: Tabitha Chapter 11 is back and finished!

The bad news: PlanetFurry is down and I can't FTP in until probably tomorrow.

The Furnation site is updated!
But their websites are down.

So ... if you can't wait, you'll have to go to the Sephiroth mirror for it until Monday morning. http://sephiroth.com/chrisfoxx

You'll also get to see a new Tabitha piece of art by Doug Gracey!

I recommend reading Chapter 10 (at least) to help build the momentum lost in waiting for the new chapter. Thanks for being so patient.

Best to yunz!
Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Regan wrote:
Tabitha 11 is now available on the Raccoon's Bookshelf

Before it even makes it to Foxx Den!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TVDAVE
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Yes this was well worth the wait, Tabitha snages Sabrina to the 21st
Century, but at a coast , now this question Chris and James, can and will thay use the time machine to go back and save Richard, if it worked for Tab, it should work to save him , and loved Sabrina, she is ever the skeptic now will Tab bring Saby and chris togather, and what about their age diffrence, and this thought,???? what if she does, they go back to her place, and find chris with you know Who, , oh the possablities that await Shocked

Oh yes, lol this looks like fun , I loved it

Thanks Chris and James

Be good all
Exclamation Idea Arrow

RealDesertFox

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read chapter 11, really cool. I havent read all of it though (11 pages geez, my longest chapter is only 6 pages long), because I needed to add more on my chapter 2. Anyway I've tried to read all of it, the start 2-3 pages and the last 2-3 as well. I still need to catch up though. Great so far. I can't wait to read ALL of it and chapter 12 when it comes out. And i'm starting to get withdraw symptons from the chapter so.... bye.... *runs away*

Last edited by RealDesertFox on Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, good to finally see a new chapter. Laughing

I'm beginning to wonder how all the travel they are doing works with the Brunner Effect. Not that I have the brains to understand it anyway. Rolling Eyes

Now, will they be able to undo the latest damage ? Confused
And they'll have to do at least one more jump.

Great, now I hope the next one does not take that long.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I had thought about a lot ways for Tabitha to convince Sabrina that she is from the future but I certainly hadn't thought of Tabby taking Sabby with her. The next chapters should be of particular interest.

Great Work, Chris and James. I agree with TVDave. Well worth the wait.

James

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVDAVE wrote:
now this question ..., can and will thay use the time machine to go back and save Richard, if it worked for Tab, it should work to save him
Remember what Dr. Brunner told Tabitha when her time with him was up. That ties in with the power variance in chapter 11 and is part of the reason Badger's 1999 entry point was in the middle of a roadway.
Whip-lash
Kneel before me... for I am Root!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: Good News/Bad News Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
The bad news: PlanetFurry is down and I can't FTP in until probably tomorrow.

Rub it in, why don't ya? Wink Damn server...

Well, at least we didn't have to wait until Monday to get the server back up. Turned out to be a frozen process, no biggie. 'Cept for the fact it brought the server to a near halt...

bleah...

Well, I'm going to check out Tabitha now! (finally... Wink
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James wrote:
TVDAVE wrote:
now this question ..., can and will thay use the time machine to go back and save Richard, if it worked for Tab, it should work to save him
Remember what Dr. Brunner told Tabitha when her time with him was up. That ties in with the power variance in chapter 11 and is part of the reason Badger's 1999 entry point was in the middle of a roadway.

I dont think that it has to do with the variance, for Tabitha too ended up on the roadway (maybe the same one) and was too hit by a car. Fortunately for her, her injuries were a lot less extensive and she was immediately taken to the hospital.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait. They set the jump for how many seconds before Tabitha's appearance in 1999? I seem to remember it being about 30 seconds or so, so they could intercept her. If Richard ended up on the same roadway, 30 seconds sooner, then could that have been the same car that hit Tabby? And if so, what does that mean for her mission? Will the second past be re-written as a result of his possible interference with Tabitha? And if they go back to save Richard, who will have to be lost in his place?

*sigh* So many questions, not enough answers to satisfy this bunnywuff.

Back in action!

Anyone who calls themselves normal is either a fascist or a liar.
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah! This starts to become a little complicated Wink
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think because of the Brunner effect, Richard did not appear at the point in time where he wanted to.
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiterabbit wrote:
... And if they go back to save Richard, who will have to be lost in his place?

If they do, who says anyone will? No law says that someone has to take someone's place now; anything's up for grabs Wink

Chris
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whiterabbit wrote:
Wait. They set the jump for how many seconds before Tabitha's appearance in 1999? I seem to remember it being about 30 seconds or so, so they could intercept her. If Richard ended up on the same roadway, 30 seconds sooner, then could that have been the same car that hit Tabby? And if so, what does that mean for her mission? Will the second past be re-written as a result of his possible interference with Tabitha? And if they go back to save Richard, who will have to be lost in his place?

The car that hit Tabitha would be....
30sec/vehicle's mhp at the time = distance from point of impact...
At 35 miles per hour?
about 1/4 mile away or about (in NYC terms) 5 blocks from the scene of the accident.

Thus, the car that hit Tabitha was a different car from the car that hit Richard. But, notice- it seems that they have both seem to hit the same spot, hence a location problem, and not a time problem.

The question lies, when Tabitha arrives at the same spot seconds later- giving that the time spent Iron Raptor picked up Richard was 10 seconds or less, AND everyone, including the driver who hit Richard all cleared the area, would only be possible for Tabitha to get hit by the other driver if he were to have sped up with traffic. If not- traffic would be stopped and jammed up and Tabitha would materialize in he middle of that comotion.

The laws at this point have been broken. Temporal Mechanics are probably being stretched to the limits at this point, and who know at what points after? But it has been casted and set into binary upon the silicon matrix... to remain unchanged until future events can undo them.

So if Richard is to live, he first must die.
If Sabrina is to live, she must first die.
Both has happened.
Lets see if the Brunner Effect can undo what was done?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfen_Furry wrote:
whiterabbit wrote:

The car that hit Tabitha would be....
30sec/vehicle's mhp at the time = distance from point of impact...
At 35 miles per hour?
about 1/4 mile away or about (in NYC terms) 5 blocks from the scene of the accident.

Thus, the car that hit Tabitha was a different car from the car that hit Richard. But, notice- it seems that they have both seem to hit the same spot, hence a location problem, and not a time problem.

The question lies, when Tabitha arrives at the same spot seconds later- giving that the time spent Iron Raptor picked up Richard was 10 seconds or less, AND everyone, including the driver who hit Richard all cleared the area, would only be possible for Tabitha to get hit by the other driver if he were to have sped up with traffic. If not- traffic would be stopped and jammed up and Tabitha would materialize in he middle of that comotion.

The laws at this point have been broken. Temporal Mechanics are probably being stretched to the limits at this point, and who know at what points after? But it has been casted and set into binary upon the silicon matrix... to remain unchanged until future events can undo them.

So if Richard is to live, he first must die.
If Sabrina is to live, she must first die.
Both has happened.
Lets see if the Brunner Effect can undo what was done?

I absolutely love these discussions. So good to see people with working brains in their heads! Smile

More laws may be broken and mechanics stretched, so consider yourselves warned. Time travel is a fledgling science at best, and some people's views of it may be challanged or changed by the time it's all over. But no matter what, I'm happy to have you all along for the ride.

Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: