Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fur-Tech Industries

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asalis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Fur-Tech Industries Reply with quote

Alright last Sunday nite I got the weirdest dream and was impulsed that morning to begin writing it. I have never done anything like this before and actually found it quite fun. I originnaly wanted to turn it into a novel of some kind but then decided that it would be best to write it in the form of several short stories. and now i wish to share it with you guys. However what i post here is only the intro. I'm posting the intro because it needs a little bit of work. The first short story i've posted is for the most part done. and when I get the intro hammered out I entend to give it over to Mike and see what he thinks. Oh i'll also post th copyright and disclaimer for all to see as well. Theres a reason i'm posting the copyright withthe story and paranoia has nothing to do with it.

Disclaimer and Copyright©

This story and all of its characters are Copyright 2005© to Dale Robert Jenkins (Aka. Asalis). This story is a work of fiction that depicts a nonexistent world and may not be edited or changed without the authors explicit permission. It never hurts to ask. Just as long as it contains a similar copyright in regards the to its original owner(s).

As always any likeness to any one living or dead, real or unreal is strictly coincidental. The contents of this story does not necessarily reflect the views and/or opinions of others.

Fur-Tech Industries, at first glance it looks like any other ordinary million dollar company. It has small businesses of every kind Ranging from small cards and candies for the holidays to antiques and expensive goods, a shipping department to export and deliver these various items, and one rather large legal department where practically any kind of legal formality if found on four whole floors. This however is a front for what truly goes on after the fifteenth floor.

My name is Maxwell Brooks and I discovered a gene that can alter a normal Human being into something a bit more complex that what he or she originally is. The gene its self is found in only a few rare human cases. However that gene can be passed on from generation to generation. What it can do is allow someone to be altered into different anthropomorphic animal forms. This is already predetermined in the gene its self. However I didn't make this discovery alone. Sagen Marsh was a college of mine who had different ideals as to how the gene should be used.

He intends to use this gene to conquer this world and I intent to stop him. Thats why the last fifteen floors have been made into an advanced spy network. I use it to locate new potentials as I call them and help them understand what exactly the gene is and what it can do. If they decide not to have it activated then it is neutralized and we leave the person to lead his or her own life the way he or she wants. However if they choose to activate it, well then thats a different story all together.....

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV

Last edited by Asalis on Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting for a start and I'd like to read more. You do need an editor, though, if for nothing else than spelling and punctuation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Asalis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There in lies my problem. Who do I talk to for that?

Oh just so you know this city is completly fictional yet The climat will be what one would typically find in Texas. So its really an imaginary city located somewhere in Texas. Any suggestions on what I should name the city because I have no clue.

Theres is a reason I called it Fur-tech Industries, rather than name it after my alter ego. To be honest I havn't yet had a chance to set his charactors personality and background and i'd like to use a few storys to really get this set up. However I have considered opening up copyright and may do so later depending on how the story goes. We'll see I guess.

We, dig, giant robots!

I hate the DMV

Last edited by Asalis on Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Quinn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now this universe does intrigue me. There are many possibilities for stories. kinda makes me wish I was a writer.

The Ataris 'In This Diary'
Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives
The only thing that matters is just following your heart, and eventually you'll finally get it right

Last edited by Quinn on Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there are a number of good folk here who do editting. Beyond that, you probably should work with someone to flesh out the background some more before fully opening it up to other writers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Asalis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i changed the post a little bit. I suppose your right Cateagle. I need to set the story a little bit before I truely consider that option. So i'll see how it goes first and go from there.

Anyfur out there wiling to help me out in the editing department?

We, dig, giant robots!

I hate the DMV
Asalis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I have the fiorst story finished if anyone wants to view it. Let me know what you think. It still needs a little tweaking hence why I would like for someone to help me me with editing.

Well here it ie enjoy. It helps set up some of the stories history at least.

We, dig, giant robots!

I hate the DMV

Last edited by Asalis on Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quinn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a good read.

The Ataris 'In This Diary'
Being grown up isn't half as fun as growing up, these are the best days of our lives
The only thing that matters is just following your heart, and eventually you'll finally get it right
Asalis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad ya like it. Still could use a little tweaking and correcting here and there. but for the most part its done and I hope to get Mikes oppinion on it. When I send it his way. Oh when I do sen it his wy I hope to have the story removed from this thread soon afterwards.

We, dig, giant robots!

I hate the DMV
D357D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Wow what a story Reply with quote

Man, either way, it looks as if 2 superpowers will be going at it... seems to be a great story in the making....Sounds like it's getting off to a good start....let's see what happens..keep us posted...............

the newby
Asalis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like it. though it's been a while since I wrote that story. Since then i've had a nasty dry spell as far as writing. Of coarse bing in a trde school doesn't help either. So as it is my writing has pretty much taken a back seat to RL. Until I can get everything situated my writing is on hold.

We, dig, giant robots!

I hate the DMV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: