Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SiasfL - Stranger in a strangely familiar Land - Act 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And more twists...

So, the disfigured doctor is familiar with ZZ Studios as (probably) other than a customer/viewer. Interesting.

mfwhite
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Back in da read... Reply with quote

Very Happy

Well i got back into this one, i had started it awhile ago then i let it drop. Well coming back to it there was more to read (YAY)

Its a great read, loved it.....mystery intrigue all sorts of good stuff....Smile

Will keep coming back for this stuff....Smile

Great work Nameless!!! Keep up the fantastic writing....Smile

Cheetaur

Avatar: Sheeri artwork by Chris Morrison (c) Chris Morrison
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea when we might see the next chapter for this one? It's been nearly 2 years since the last update.
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just about finished reading Robert Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land. Is this title the inspiration for your story's title?
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next question, do you intend to go back to writing your stories? Pray

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been doing a bit of writing on my adult stories in the last month and I'll probably post a new chapter or two of Catfood in the near future, but that's about it.

You never know for sure, but I kind of doubt that I'll continue this story anytime soon. My inspiration for it dried up when all the other authors of Sabrinaverse stories stopped writing. Even if some of them have started writing again, it's not the same...

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I need to dig out the Binford 6100 high power cattle prod as incentive. Laughing
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP
Still waiting for new chapters.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never say never, but it's unlikely that there will be any further chapters in this story, let alone in the near future.

First, I have done very little writing in the last five years or so, apart from the occasional spurt of inspiration. Mainly because I'm too stressed by work and depressed by the general situation of the world (both personal and general). Another factor is that I have simply never gotten enough feedback to provide enough motivation to overcome the other problems, especially "quality" feedback. Five posts of "Good chapter, next one please!!!" are nice, but what would really motivate me would be to get some actual feedback that helped me improve my writing. Something that showed that he didn't simply read the chapter, but really thought about it. When I read a book and it's a good one that I'm really interested in, then I will spend a lot of time thinking about it, getting into the main character's heads, considering what they could or should have done differently (not just from hindsight, but taking into account their knowledge at the time and their personality as I see it), thinking about the setting, what things about feel illogical, inconsistent or artificial.

Second, I don't really "feel" this story any more. When I work on a story, I think about it a lot, I "live" each scene from different viewpoints, I daydream about it until it finally settles down on paper. All this isn't there for this story any more. I suppose if I really wanted to, I could get myself interested in this story again, it could even happen on it's own, but that's very unlikely.

Mainly because the main inspiration for this story dried up. The big thing that drove this story was the web of inspiration created by all the interconnected Sabrinaverse stories. Sabrina, Tabitha, Zig Zag, Josh, Rava, Cateagle, Skunkfox, Shirh Khan, Gone Wylde... The interference between them, the things they shared as well as the little inconsistencies between them (intentional or otherwise). Since the stories stopped, this incredible fountain of inspiration has dried up. To a big extent this story was also a tribute to those stories and to a little extent also a parody of them (after all, one of the main person comes to the world he has read about in those stories and suddenly interacts with the characters from those stories).

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall if this one is included, but many of the stories I read at PF and elsewhere were all in one lump starting long after the majority of the early chapters were written, sometimes even starting after the last available chapter. Also, early on I was too into reading to consider making comments (a habit fostered also by paper books).
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you're getting at with the first part of the comment...

The stories I listed were not all written at the same time, they kinda came in waves, but at the time I was working on this, Sabrina/Tabitha were mostly done, but several of the others were updating. Then at some point practically all the stories stopped.

boronk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Still alive? Reply with quote

Hello Nameless,

Are you still alive? I tried to write you be email but maybe the one got lost. Please, if possible write back. I would like to talk with you.

Boronk
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't see anything from you for some time now, have you stop writing your stories?...

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> nameless All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: