Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting Facts !!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Did you ever wonder... Reply with quote

If you have more than one dog, and one of them farts, do you ever wonder if they try and blame it on a human in order to appear "cool" to the other dogs?

It should be OK to kill people who have ESP, since they should have seen it coming.

Why is it that the news always says, when reporting about gay people, always uses the terms "gays and lesbians"? Why is that "gay" always refers to ONLY men while the ladies get stuck with "lesbian"? Couldn't the term "homosexuals" or even just "gay" be sufficient to cover both males and females who are decidely homosexual? Now, I don't want to be judgemental or sound like some sort of closed-minded person, as I don't care if someone is gay, straight or whatever, it's just not important to me. Most of the gay men I've known or worked with have actually said they prefered to be called "fags". I usually prefer to use their first name, as it's so much easier to have a conversation with them.

How the hell can a group be "alternative" with more than one album? Think about it, after the first album, it's more of the same. Besides, 99% of all alternative is music NOT being properly categorized in order to boost sales. "Alternative" is a hip marketing buzz-word for the music industry, used to drive the largely non-thinking teenage population into buying the fad of the moment music by disposable artists.

------------------------
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrincessB I can't see it as a rude remark. I find it interesting and a concidence (i give my regards to the dead nothing against them.)

------------------------
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

::: WARNING --- ADULT LANGUAGE INSERTED :::

Have you ever noticed how most swear words can be just about any part of speech? Let's use the word "shit" for an example:

What is this shit?
In this case, shit is a noun.

Please excuse me, I have to shit.
Now it's a verb, but this is a compound sentence.

It's the shit!
In this example, shit is an adjective. It this example, "shit" is a good thing.

Pearl Jam is really shitty
Again, adjective. Also, a true statement, at least in my opinion. If you're a Pearl Jam fan,
go eat shit and die.(noun)

I have a really shitty job in the mall.
Now, this one is confusing. In this case, the job is the activity, hence a verb. This makes "shit"
an adverb, as is "really" this example.

A person does something unintentional and yells, "SHIT!"
Exclamation.

And if you're worried about dangling participles, you should wipe better next time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Courtsey of those last two posts of the information on http://www.studio42.biz/absurd.html (more to come)

------------------------
PrincessB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaymee Fox wrote:
PrincessB I can't see it as a rude remark. I find it interesting and a concidence (i give my regards to the dead nothing against them.)

He said its unfortunate that our president isn't dead. Thats just rude to anyone who likes Bush, supports America no matter what, and so many more.
I mean if thats okay then let me say that I wish all of you with parents, I wish your parents were dead. And to those with kids, I wish your kids were dead. I wish your spouse was dead. I wish your aunt, uncle, cousin were dead. I wish your much loved friend was dead. Just cuz to you the president is just a guy dosent mean that someone else dosent love or care for him. Yeah I'll say I wish all completly idiotic people were dead or at least quarantened to a area but no mater what some think the president must have some brains to be where he is at, at least brains to manipulate everyone to get where he wants and many to not realize hes manipulating them.

Jaymee, have you ever heard the thing about "The many uses of f*ck"? Its quite amuzing and sort of like your comment about sh*t.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like flying. One of the things they tell you to do is in the event of a crash, they want you to put your head between your legs. I suppose this is so you can kiss your ass goodbye. I figure, if they want us to assume crash positions, let's just let everyone just lay all over each other, as that's what's going to happen anyways.

(not funny if they die Rolling Eyes but this.. i can't help but laugh)

Has anyone ever figured out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

Twisted Evil Arrow bj? Question Exclamation Cool

I always hated word problems in math, they were so unrealistic. Example:

A train leaves from Los Angeles for New York at 6:30 AM on Friday, and is
traveling east at 60 miles per hour. A train leaves New York for Los Angeles
and is traveling west at 50 miles per hour. The two cities at 2685 miles apart.
When will the two trains meet?

Well, lets see. My answer: when they crash into each other.
Barring that, let's figure in all the variables:
Are they on the same set of tracks? If so, why isn't the person who make that decision fired?
We're leaving out the description and map of the train tracks, as this can make a huge amount of difference, since this isn't a straight shot. We're also leaving out things such as turns and grade, which make a difference as well.
Are the two trains from different railways? If so, they may never meet in the first place.
Don't forget wind and altitude as for measuring wind resistance and wind assistance.
These trains don't just start from 0 and immediately go to 60 miles per hour, there is some time involved in there.
Besides, who rides the train anymore? It's so much quicker to fly.

( lol )

Do Chinese people ever get sick of Chinese food? Cool

Why does the "Weather Channel" building not have any windows?[True fact]

(anyone care to pick on that and prove it wrong? *would email that guy and say you're wrong* x3 )

If you don't care if you get paper or plastic bags at the supermarket, does that make you "bi-sacksual"?

here's my own fact i thought up.

As you drive you see begin construction sign why not make a new sign saying beg construction (take "in" out)
lol

I saw a tow-truck towing another tow truck of a different company. Kind of ironic, isn't it.

I saw a sign for this office that offers assistance for the blind. The sign is in great big letters. Hey, they're BLIND! They can't see! OK, yeah, I know, legally blind people can see to varying degrees.

then

Along with the above, I heard a radio ad for some group that does support for the deaf. Talk about an organization unclear on the subject.

Cool *that's true.. i've seen that (i'm deaf) and found it amusing*

Did you ever notice male super heros wear their underwear OUSIDE their tights. On a related item, why are they wearing tights in the first place? Twisted Evil Cool Laughing

------------------------
Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrincessB wrote:
Jaymee Fox wrote:

He said its unfortunate that our president isn't dead. Thats just rude to anyone who likes Bush, supports America no matter what, and so many more.
I mean if thats okay then let me say that I wish all of you with parents, I wish your parents were dead. And to those with kids, I wish your kids were dead. I wish your spouse was dead. I wish your aunt, uncle, cousin were dead. I wish your much loved friend was dead. Just cuz to you the president is just a guy dosent mean that someone else dosent love or care for him. Yeah I'll say I wish all completly idiotic people were dead or at least quarantened to a area but no mater what some think the president must have some brains to be where he is at, at least brains to manipulate everyone to get where he wants and many to not realize hes manipulating them.

Jaymee, have you ever heard the thing about "The many uses of f*ck"? Its quite amuzing and sort of like your comment about sh*t.

Ahh i get it. yah :/ (politicially wise I don't like bush but i don't wish anyone dead)

------------------------
Vexxed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaymee Fox wrote:
Now, this one is confusing. In this case, the job is the activity, hence a verb. This makes "shit"

Hmm... actually, "job" is a noun, making "really" the adverb and the word in between would again be an adjective. Sorry, I'm a bit of a grammar nerd... there's this sign on Route 1 near where I live that says "Frank's Italian Hot Dog's" - I refuse to drive down that road unless I absolutely have to do so. *snugs Jaymee* Don't take it personally, my obsession isn't something I can control Rolling Eyes

Anyways...
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is widely considered to be the longest word in the English language (and although I know of another one, it's a virus or a chemical or something, this one is certainly the longest one that I can memorize)

2 slices of plain cheese pizza at Tony's, my local pizzeria, costs $3.18. I know this because I go just about every other day Laughing

What happens when you spray WD-40 onto the sticky side of a strip of duct tape? To me, it seems like it'd be matter and antimatter combining...

And Jaymee - my sister's friend actually did lick a Tootsie pop a whole bunch of times to get to the center, I forget how many but it was a lot. She sent a letter to the company that makes them, and they sent her back some kind of certificate or something.

Jaymee Fox
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ves_Wolf wrote:
Jaymee Fox wrote:

Hmm... actually, "job" is a noun, making "really" the adverb and the word in between would again be an adjective. Sorry, I'm a bit of a grammar nerd... there's this sign on Route 1 near where I live that says "Frank's Italian Hot Dog's" - I refuse to drive down that road unless I absolutely have to do so. *snugs Jaymee* Don't take it personally, my obsession isn't something I can control Rolling Eyes

None taken. I didn't say this ^^ Found it off that website *posted link up few posts ago* (snugs)

Ves_Wolf wrote:

And Jaymee - my sister's friend actually did lick a Tootsie pop a whole bunch of times to get to the center, I forget how many but it was a lot. She sent a letter to the company that makes them, and they sent her back some kind of certificate or something.

awesome !!! ^^ ask her again if she remembers?

------------------------
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess, not everything posted is seriously representative of the poster's wishes. Have you never heard of graveyard humor? Jokes like what kind of wood doesn’t float? How do the know Kristy McCullough had dandruff? Those types of things, for the record I do not seriously wish death onto Bush (although I feel he could use a good impeachment) try not to take everything so literally.

Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, lets keep this out of politics please? I do not want to butcher up this thread by removing posts.

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PrincessB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wishing someone dead is in no way a joke. I am more liberal on jokes about the dead than many, (I wont mention them because I have gotten chewed out for it being heartless) but saying it unfortunate that this person isn't dead yet is not funny in anyway. Yes its intreaging the fact about something happening to all presidents in the 0 area but its not funny to say I wish this one were dead also.

I did the how many licks to the center of a tootsie pop thing back when I was still in school (schools try teaching the same thing over and over, so borring) I don't remember exact count it was somewhere around one thousand eight hundred and some.
(You know your class is borring when the girl sitting to one side licking a tootsie pop and whispering numbers has all the attention of the kids within hearing distance and they to are counting along with the girl! Smile )

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pat The Fox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess, note my above post. This is off topic. Please desist this line of conversation for the sake of the thread.

Interesting fact: Mountain dew and Dr Pepper in the right amount cancel out all flavour.

fuzzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PrincessB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you will look at timing you posted just seconds before me. Don't chew me out for not reading your mind that you were going to post just before me..
He made a rude comment, he has been spoken to, all is done. Time to move on and continue the odd facts.

As much as people think soda is horrible for your teeth the worst thing for your teeth is actually lemonade. Soda is fifth on the list.

Scifer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you know - The Coco-Cola delivery van drivers use some of the stuff they're delivering to clean their engines? Confused

I'd like to know what the crease that connects the bottom of a hyooman's nose to their top of their lip is called. Anyone?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Skype Name
JediFur

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Soft Palate, if memory serves.

Children with a disorder known as cleft palate often have a large rift in that area.

But I'm not an expert, we'd have to ask a doctor to be sure.

-JediFur

Did you Know?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> jaymeefox All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: