Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone have a clue who the mouse is?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which character from the past might the mouse be?
Arden
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Fish
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Someone else entirely
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

Fujibaga

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Anyone have a clue who the mouse is? Reply with quote

As we all know, Hikaru has a history of pulling out the unexpected on his readers. So by no means I'm a saying that any of us might have the right idea, or there is only one way it could go still.

But with the introduction of the mouse character into a far more vital and present roll, I'm sincerely interested in finding out how the character (and people's opinions) evolve through the story.

Personally, after reading Chapter 21, I think it most likely that the mouse is Thomas Livingston Brant (Fish to his friends). The character's (assumed?) name is nearly identical, and he had a strong reaction to Shiela's naming the male kit similarly. Not to mention he went on to study and help with Nanuk as well, so might be part of the bigger picture, or acting as an avatar of some type.

Anyway I'd just like to see other people's take on where this character is going and who he is.

Either that, or just plain crazy.

Work like you don't need money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
And, dance like nobody's watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
shroom

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the same mouse whom made a deal with heckate, and has access to 'viscous mana' in candy form. Could be fish I suppose. Which means Hecate would likely be on a mission to locate and bring Tammy Vixen back home, or some other positive mission. That'd be a nice twist, considering our friend Anatol is after her. Considering the reactions of people, I'd buy that. On the other hand, fish seemed awfully innocent before, so if it is him hes learned a lot, and isn't afraid to bend the rules a little.

On the other hand, the mouse knew Zig Zag. Knew her pretty well. The mouse also seems to be willing to play a little fast and loose, which was an arden trait, and he also had a special .. relationship with Hecate that Fish never really had. Aditionally he cares deeply for the kits (naturally). The name being the same would be a result of them both honoring fish, in different ways.

I think I'm leaning toward Arden at the moment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Fish is possible, but Arden is more likely. Especially given the "manipulation" spell the mouse used. I don't think Fish would know anythign like that.
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Fish is more likely. He could have learned quite a bit magic from Nanuk. As for Arden, I don't see where a mouse necessarily qualifies as a "familiar form" (as mentioned by the angel), not like a tiger-striped skunk, polar bear or fox (doesn't have to be vixen for this).
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila and Arden came across a mouse in Act III and then there's this.

Quote:
Sheila’s gaze darted between the mouse and the kit. There was something about the mouse that seemed somehow----familiar to her. She looked back down at the kit and realized that it had calmed down and was no longer crying. Snuggled there in her arms, she felt a warm flush. This was her kit.

Very compelling, yes?

hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mouse in Act III was Mary Mouse and she was just a cameo.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only mouse I can think of that she could even call familiar would be Mary Mouse, but as Hikaru said that was one chapter and I doubt she would be all that familiar. I think the mouse is Fish. Mainly the name and mannerisms would be very familiar to Sheila.
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... So the votes are split 50/50 on whether it's Arden or Fish.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Identity Crisis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: