Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

updates and other news
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asalis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: updates and other news Reply with quote

Alruight I guess I might as well post something like this. So I guess i'll post the sit updates as well as some personal news as to what goes on in my life and why updates might be late and so on an so forth.

Anyway to start things off I have taken a real hard lok in my life and as it stands i'm in a real bind. I realize that theres is absolutely no way I can make it in this world on my own given my current financial bind. So that leaves me no other choice but to consider some military help. I figure I could just go short term then use the skills i've learned in RL after that. The air Force seems to have the best options for what i'm looking for. Wish me luck.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV

Last edited by Asalis on Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:13 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the military. And remember the hardest part is boot camp, or so I've heard.
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of luck man, see ya in the evening Very Happy

The roadtrip to Abilene will be most funkedupunscius Smile

Asalis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortuantly I will be unable to attend that. I have other responsibilities. IF I don't attend a meeting this sunday I will lose all of my unemployment bennifits. Sorry but I can't make it. You two will have to go ion without me.

We, dig, giant robots!

I hate the DMV

Last edited by Asalis on Tue May 24, 2005 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Asalis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I was able to attend this weekend. I decided to call and reschedual the meeting. (After I missed it monday.) I had lots of fun during the weekend. I've never seen the country before. That way my first time to visit such a place. I felt for the first time in my life, at peace.

And as for the website I finally managed to update the website. I added a navigation bar to help navigate the site better. I also moved the updates to the main page rather than a seprate page so as to save space. My website still needs a lot of work. So I'd like to ask for some help, but i'll post the specifics elswhere.

We, dig, giant robots!

I hate the DMV
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Told ya Abilene was neat Wink
Asalis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright I updated my site once again. Ive taken the short story page and made it it's own section. So as it stands right now nothing much beyond that to report. though if you wish to post a short story of some kind there I would ask that you follow the guidlines outlined on that page. though for the most part it'll be for any short story or incomplete story I come up with. Which as it stands right now isn't much.

We, dig, giant robots!

I hate the DMV
Asalis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have time to post this litle story yesterday so I decided to post it today. Anyway I went to a job interview yesterday and it seemed to go rather well untill he started asking questions about my job skills. I answered them truthfully yet these kinds of questions I though a little weird for him to actually be asking. After he was done he then promptly told me the one thing I never though i'd hear a fast food manager say. I didn't have the propper skills to be working there.

What skills?! how hard can it be to mop the floors, clean tables, and flip burgers on a grill. I worked at retail at all my previous jobs and they had no problem hiring me despite my lack of skills. I wasn't aware that you needed a degree in burger flipping.

We, dig, giant robots!

I hate the DMV
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asalis wrote:
I didn't have time to post this litle story yesterday so I decided to post it today.

Uh... what story? I don't see anything new today yet.

EDIT
Oh wait, you mean that little job search story?

Asalis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the job search thing. Tt happened to me yuesterday. Sorry I guess I should have specified. Still blows my mind that a fast food manager ws dead serious when he told me I didn't have the skills required for entry level work.

WTF?

We, dig, giant robots!

I hate the DMV
Asalis

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I've edited my website a bit. Check out the website for full Detail.

We, dig, giant robots!

I hate the DMV
Asalis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the lack pf updates but i've been rather busy playing a rather addictive game called Guild Wars. I wrote a review which can be located here. I have also been having a severe case of writers block but rest assured I am slowly getting back on track. Once I can manage to put this game down that is.

We, dig, giant robots!

I hate the DMV
Asalis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finally managed to do change the corse of my life. Rather than continue to hop from one oddball job to the next. As of yesterday I started classes in computer networking administrations and will be in classes for a year. while doing this they will be helping me locate a part time job to help pay for classes. Things are finally going right for me for a change.

We, dig, giant robots!

I hate the DMV
AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asalis wrote:
...rather addictive game called Guild Wars. I wrote a review which can be located here.

Quote:
Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum.

OK, what's up with this?

Asalis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry bout that. It meant you have to have acess to the gamers guild forum. An admin can help you with that though. I'm only a moderator and only responsible for this forum. Sorry for the problem. though I have reposted the review here on this forum if you wish to check it out. The topic also has a few screen shots.

http://www.planetfurry.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5723

We, dig, giant robots!

I hate the DMV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> asalis All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: