Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SiasfL - Stranger in a strangely familiar Land - Act 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paladin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not much for speculation, but something that the others didn't mention tickled my nose. The fact that Chris had knowledge about the fur world seems to have been hinted several times. Exclamation Question Could that have something to do with his predicament? Shocked Could be! Then again, probably not. The only obvious thing is that several factions (CIA, NSA, ECT...) are going to have a nasty clash. Twisted Evil

Ah well, I liked it. Can't wait for more. Very Happy

THE LIGHT SHINES!

We got a long way to go,
and a short timt to get there...
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About Chris' knowledge:

Only Sarah (and those she told about it) know about this. Now that the FBI know about it, of course others will learn about it soon.

What exactly does he know? Go to the Bookshelf and read all the Sabrinaverse stories (those chapters that were posted before June 2003)...

It may be a while before the next chapter, my Muse is apparently in heat, so I'll post a lot more on my adult site than here... Rolling Eyes Wink

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a long time...

But it's finally here...

Chapter 3 ! Shocked
Have fun.

Furry_wolf2001b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAAY!
Thank you. Very Happy

Nice chapter, tho not much happening as of yet.
But its nice to see hes still alive...yet.. >Very Happy

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this Dr. X is a bigger threat to national security then Osama huh? Let me guess, it's Bill Gates isn't it Razz

Grate chapter there Nameless hope the next one comes soon.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
So this Dr. X is a bigger threat to national security then Osama huh? Let me guess, it's Bill Gates isn't it Razz

I don't think so. Bill Gates is the nation, if anyone is a threat, it is Linus Torwald and companions... Rolling Eyes Wink

Well, what has Osama really done? Kill a few thousand no-account people. At least ten times as many die in car crashes every year. And the government kills several times as many as well (relaxing emission standards for old power plants, .....) to save big companies some money.

Dr. X had access to many top-secret computer systems, not just the FBI, but the CIA, NSA, Army, Homeland security, ...
They don't know what secrets he had access to, but it could potentially be anything such as WMD research data, ...
Now that is a real threat.

Ok, that bit about Osama may be a little tasteless, but I wrote it that way to emphasise a point: He doesn't really threaten National Security. Unless he gets his hands on some WMD, any attack is not really more than a pinprick. Even if that hurts the ones who were poked really bad, it hardly affects the nation as a whole.

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*KNOCK*, *KNOCK*, *KNOCK*
Any new chapters coming out yet? I guess I'll have to re-read from the beginning to give you a couple more days to write. Wink

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Styx wrote:

I don't think so. Bill Gates is the nation, if anyone is a threat, it is Linus Torwald and companions... Rolling Eyes Wink

Well, what has Osama really done? Kill a few thousand no-account people. At least ten times as many die in car crashes every year. And the government kills several times as many as well (relaxing emission standards for old power plants, .....) to save big companies some money.

Dr. X had access to many top-secret computer systems, not just the FBI, but the CIA, NSA, Army, Homeland security, ...
They don't know what secrets he had access to, but it could potentially be anything such as WMD research data, ...
Now that is a real threat.

Ok, that bit about Osama may be a little tasteless, but I wrote it that way to emphasise a point: He doesn't really threaten National Security. Unless he gets his hands on some WMD, any attack is not really more than a pinprick. Even if that hurts the ones who were poked really bad, it hardly affects the nation as a whole.

Don't know why but I missed this post, um a few thousand no account people? Surely you can't possibly believe that these people were worthless they were human beings and will not be forgotten. As for his attack on the U.S. being a pinprick, you're quite mistaken it has had lasting affects on the country as a whole. Maybe it's because you don't live here that you don't see it but the paranoia has reached unbelievable levels people are being arrested on airplanes for saying BOO! (Not really but it's almost as bad) You can’t so much as carry on a nail file it's ridiculous the government is using the attack as excuse to infringe on personal liberties and wage war on others for nothing more then suspicion. It has also been said that 9-11 shadows Pearl Harbor, as much as it pains me to say Osama accomplished what he set out to do, the nation was and still is terrorized the terrorists won.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
Don't know why but I missed this post, um a few thousand no account people? Surely you can't possibly believe that these people were worthless they were human beings and will not be forgotten. As for his attack on the U.S. being a pinprick, you're quite mistaken it has had lasting affects on the country as a whole. Maybe it's because you don't live here that you don't see it but the paranoia has reached unbelievable levels people are being arrested on airplanes for saying BOO! (Not really but it's almost as bad) You can’t so much as carry on a nail file it's ridiculous the government is using the attack as excuse to infringe on personal liberties and wage war on others for nothing more then suspicion. It has also been said that 9-11 shadows Pearl Harbor, as much as it pains me to say Osama accomplished what he set out to do, the nation was and still is terrorized the terrorists won.

You missed my point completely.

Osama killed 3000 people. Period.
Everything else, PATRIOT act, "war" on terror, ... is the fault of Prez. Bush and his various supporters have created a media frenzy, constantly feeding the paranoia so they can get their political agenda through congress.
As for the Pearl Harbor comparison: That was very similar. An attack that hurt, but was not really much more than a painful pinprick. Compared to the attacks the USA later flew against Japan, it was nothing (Hiroshima, firebombing Tokyo (>100.000 victims)). It was only important because it gave the government something to rally the people with, to get them to support the war wholeheartedly.
Very similar to what is happening now. 9/11 did cause the USA some damage, but that damage is nothing compared to what its own leaders are causing by feeding the paranoia and using it.

As for the "no-account" people: I don't think that. But the government of the USA does. Don't listen to the words, but look at the actions.
Bush has signed a law that (mostly) frees the operators of old power plants from updating them to meet current emmission regulations. Studies have said that this will cause 30000 additional deaths (from lung diseases, ...) (I think per year). If the government does not care about such a number of victims, they can't really have cared for the 3000 victims of 9/11, except for their propaganda value.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I see my apologies I thought you were expressing your own opinion of what happened in the 9-11 attack. Sadly I have to agree with you about Bushes disgraceful actions about the only thing I agreed with was removing Sadam from power it just needed to be done in my opinion (weather he had WMDs at the time or not is irrelevant he's had them in the past and has been all to willing to use them) other then that I can't agree with what he's doing. I can't wait till this term is up they'll probably have to drag him kicking and screaming from the Oval Office. Anyway again I'm sorry if I ruffled you're feathers, fur, um scales Question what the heck kind of fur are you anyway?

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Wink

I don't really agree on his policy about Saddam. I do think that the world is a better place without Saddam, but there are other much more dangerous dictators that should have been removed first (Kim Jong Ill from North Korea comes to mind), only their lands don't have a lot of oil...
Styx wrote:
Anyway again I'm sorry if I ruffled you're feathers, fur, um scales what the heck kind of fur are you anyway?

To be honest I don't know. All and none. I guess I'm content to stay a human, but I'd like to have furs to interact with. Embarassed And anybody who has read my stories will know how to take that statement... Rolling Eyes Wink

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re-reading the story, I noticed:
Quote:
After a hasty farewell, they got into the deputy's car and drove back to the airfield with the flashlights on.

I guess the headlights weren't working and it was already getting dark. Razz It would be interesting to see a drawing based on that 'typo'.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably supposed to be "flashing lights", unless there is a better term for it.

As far as another chapter...
It may be a while, at the moment I'm mostly working on "Catfood" and there are several other stories that I also want to do something about...

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We call it a Christmas tree in the states because of the different colors.

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Norway we often call those rotating lights for 'juice mixers'....

Smile

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> nameless All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: