Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

And next up is...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: And next up is... Reply with quote

Well, for one thing I'd like to ask everyones patience with me for a while. Right now, I'm engrossed in the deeply fascinating (can you hear the irony and satire, guys) subject of describing the historicism of danish history research and -writing in a pre-modern, modern and postmodern sense.

I have seven days to do it and I'm bored out of my bloody skull. Talk about picking fluff out of your own bellybutton. Real-World-Nutkin has gone and done it again. At least it's not an impossible question. If I flunk this one it'll be because it's so mindnumbingly boring it's made my brain short out without my noticing.

AFTER that, I have a project to work on. Like the three amigos know, when I go into fullblown project-mode, I'm going to be awfully hard to get much sense out of for a while. This time, the deadline is May 24th, and I am writing about the jesuit order. More precisely, about Ignatius Loyola, their founder, and his great change in life from military man to founder of one of the most successful religious orders of all time.

Right now, my problem is finding a problem. To write a project, I have to problematize a question...a thesis to be either proven or unproven through research and historical method and Ignatius Loyola is so bloody well described it's hard to find anything that can't be answered -immediately-.

Blah. Anyway...ONCE I'm done with that project, I have my summer holidays coming up, fast. That is good. It's also very, very -long-. Nearly three damned months and by the end of it I'll likely be going bonkers to get back to work. But I'll almost certainly be done with 'Transitions' sometime during that period, and I'll be moving on to the next thing. Which, as mentioned, is likely to be 'Amat Victoria Curam'.

Just thought I'd give you all a sort of "heads up" of what'll be going on over the next months.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take your time hon Smile

Just make sure to report from time to time, and if you need a shoulder, please count on me.

Aslaug
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question for you all. Would there be any interest in seeing a one-shot story I'm working on?

It's not chapter-divided like "transitions" so it won't be posted until it's all done, but it's something I'm writing on to continue a storyline started by my three wonderful friends and proofreaders, Aramis Dagaz, Silver Coyote and Tigermark. Also known as "The Three Amigo's". Those of you who are familiar with their work would know about the storyline called "A little nothing". Those of you who are not...take my recommendation and go read some of what they're working on. It's worth a visit, and they've all given me a lot of inspiration and help.

Anyway, if you'd like to see what this thing, which I call "A little something" is...let me know.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Asalis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, I'd love to read it.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Aslaug All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: