Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

yet another in the process...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oji

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: yet another in the process... Reply with quote

...not really furry.. um.. werewolves..er..were.. stuff, they'll deffinetly resemble more anthropomorphic characters. theres gunna be more than just wolves. well.. enjoy it i suppose.
this is just the beginning.. it will hopefully develope into a more supernatural story(ghosts, vampires, zombies..bleh.. anything i can think to add)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ughhh...", its around 7 a.m the most dreaded hour of the day, even if its the earliest hour of the day. i know its seven because my neighbors cat is yowling to be let out. Old lady Maringer has 15 cats in an apartment that doesn't allow pets. how she gets away with it is beyond me. my alarm clock goes off, now its offcially 7 a.m. this hour always starts off with that horrible buzz, the kind of mind numbing sound that could only wake the dead. so now i'm forced to crawl out of bed, not injured or sick or anything, i just hate the morning hour. last night was another night that i don't remember sleeping in my bed. but here i am, wearing the same tattered black jeans and t-shirt. another morning i look around and survey my "kingdom". a small one bedroom appartment, plus a bathroom, which of two days ago actually got running water. a pile of torn clothes rest in the corner, all covered in various stains, a small table next to my bed holds that infernal clock, a spiked collar, which was a gift from a friend, and a lamp with a puke green lamp shade which i found in a garbage can, probally belonged to Ms. Maringer. sitting on the edge of my old mattress without a bed frame i pull the clock off the table and rip out the power cord, then toss it aside, maybe it will break this time. i scratch my head, full of messy brown hair before pulling my ripped up t-shirt over my head and throwing it in the pile of dead clothing. next the pants, i take them off and toss them in the pile too. kind of a shame, i liked those pants. by now its 7:30 a.m and i'm still sitting on the corner of my bed looking at the place that i live thinking, "its really not so bad...right?" i mean, it could be worst, i don't live with 15 cats, if i did i'd have to hang myself just to get away from the stink.

i finally get the energy to get up and drag myself over to the bathroom, i lean against the door way, there are hinges on the doorway, but no door. now, to distract myself, i ask, "who stole my door?" knowing perfectly well my landlord took it because the paint on his was chipping. oh well, my sink, somewhat cleaner than most things in this room, i refuse to look at the toilet or the bathtub, so i can't really make a comparison, but the sink is still white with a few rust stains. twisted the cold water nob and heard a rumbling in the pipes, after a couple of seconds this brown thick goo came trickleing out, and this is what i call water. a low humming goes through the pipes and the water gets a gradually clearer and cleaner. i start scrubbing my face when i think the waters clean enough, "uhg.. is there anything more disgusting than the smell of rust... probally..." again, i know the answer to this. one thing about the smell of rust is that it can cover over just about anything, i scrub the water into my chest and wet down my hair. stare into the mirror, i shake all the water off my head in a similar manner to that of a dog "heh...kind of.. ironic? yes." i wipe my hand down the mirror, brown and blue, stareing back at me. my eyes, the right is a brillant yet dead blue, and the others a dark almost black brown. an interesting little trait i suppose, quite a surprise, a bigger surprise to find out their my real eyes. I leave the bathroom and walk to a small closet, jam packed with clothing. again, no doors. i flip through a couple of shirts and pick out a black t-shirt with the big red outline of a star, and i also grab a grey longsleeved shirt, toss them both on the bed and look around the floor of the closet for apair of pants "..hmm...i.. really miss those pants." i grab a pair of blue cargo jeans, extremely baggy. toss them on the bed to. get up and grab the longsleeve shirt, pulls that on first, then the Tee, finally the pants. well, thats not all, i grab the collar off of the small table and strap it loosly around my neck. almost the same ritual every morning, well.. at least for thelast 6 months.

Finally, i can rush out of here its 7:50 am now. i have to run, down the hall, then jump the edge of the stairs that go down about three stories, if i survived. i'd have only one more goal, pass Mr. Ming. at least, that was the plan, "Oh! Jacky boy!" ms. maringer, cat lady.. my neighbor. she jumped out from her appartment blocking my path with a single arm, ms maringer may be an old woman, but shes strong..and scary. "Where are you off to in such a hurry, Jack?" my names not Jack.
"Oh? me, um, i'm trying to rush to work." i won't bother correcting her on my name, she wouldn't remember.
"well, you look famished. please come in and have some breakfast." did i ever mention the morning ritual? get up, gripe, get dressed, get attacked by the Cat Lady. her foods like a nuclear bomb, but it smells so good right now. "yes.. of course ms. maringer." she grabs my right hand and drags me into her appartment, almost before i had a chance to respond. her kingdom is actually more refreshing compared to mine. the main room serves as a living room which leads right into a kitchen and then a door leads to her bedroom, i secretly hope i never have to see the inside of that room, the walls have fresh lime green wallpaper, the couch in the living room is green, the tile in the kitchen, the stove, fridge everything is green, she drags me over to a table with two plates already set. i wonder if i even had a choice. "please, take a seat young jacky boy." i comply, pulling out a chair and sitting on a green cushioned chair, the edge is split with little tufts of yellow foam sticking out the side, but its comfortable enough. the smell and sound of sizzleing bacon and sausage fill my senses. my mouth is watering enough to drown a small country. Maringer, wearing a coffee stained bathrobe, her hair was way to curly to be natural. a wig? most likely, but she is truly kind to a wretch like me. i heard an egg crack and the sound of a whisk scratching against a pan, "so now, jack... what are you doing today?" i leaned back and picked up the fork set by my plate "me? i'm probally just going to work." she walks over to me and puts more than half of the eggs on my plate, and the rest on hers "your always working...what exactly is it you do?" she puts the frying pan next to the sink and grabs another, mmm...sausage. "um..its complicating to explain my job." she puts four links on my plate and two on hers. "how so? do you work all day and night? last night i saw your friends dragging you into your room, you know its not healthy to over work yourself." she puts the pan right on top of the other one, she picks the bacon out of the last pan and sets those on a seperate plate, "i know." i push the slightly runny scrambled eggs around the plate. "boy, if you ever needed to crash somewhere because mr. ming kicked you out, you could stay here." she says that ever morning, wether or not i stay for breakfast, she sets the plate of bacon in front of me, "thank you ms. maringer." i dig into the eggs before they get cold. this is the first bit of food i've eaten in a while. Ms. Maringer, as bad as things are, i suppose i should be thankful i have someone to watch out for me, even if it is a crazy cat lady. after the meal, i leaned back in my chair and took a deep breath, expelling the breath in a horrendous cough, "Oh, dear?! whats the matter?!" i could taste the smell of cats in my throat, this is the reason i go without eating in ms. maringers house, "C..Cats!" i manage to cough. "cats? but there outside." it wasnt the actual smell that hit me, i get up and rush out to the hall way, maringer follows me. i collapse in the hall and gasp for what cleaner air their is out there. "..s..sorry. maringer." i knew it was rude to run out, but the smell of feline waste just wasn't barable anymore. Ms. maringer stands in her doorway "... oh, its ok Jack.. i'll clean up, you have to hurry off to work, right?" i nodded, catching my breath and finally pulled myself to my feet. "thank you Ms. Maringer." and with that i took off running down the hall, its 8:34 a.m.

~~~~~

its not much, i just started it.. and restarted it. first time i really wrote using hyooman characters... but that won't last to long Razz

comments are always welcome, but not nessciary... thank you for your time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: