Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Starfox Assault review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asalis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Starfox Assault review Reply with quote

Ihave recently aquired Starfox Assalus for the Nintendo Game Cube and I have decided to do a little review. From what ive seen its pretty good though it does lack some quality in some areas but i'll get into that later on.

The basi plot of the story is an invading insect like alien force is invading the Lylat system assimilating anything and any one they come into contact with. Basically the starfox equivelent to the borg, and it is up to the star Fox team to stop them.

the game play is different from its predecessors this time around. This time you can actually switch vehicles in game or go on foot without the vehicle. however there are still levels where you must pilot in an Arwing at all times. all in all the gamplay is a litle different than it was for Starfox 64. Adding the ability to switch vehicles does add some diversity. Even some of your team mates join you on the ground. Though what assistance they provide is next to none. And the sound effect for the game could have been done a little better. But at least you can actually tell what gender Slippy is through the better soundiung voice this time around.

The multiplayer is where this game really shines. You can choose to start out as a pilot to which you can then get into an arwing , land master or just go on foot relying on the various lethal weapons scatered throughout the battle field cappable of destroying either vehicle with ease. Or you could just go at it with just the pilot option and blow each other to oblivian.

There are also several unlockables which you can obtain through the stroy mode or multiplayer. Though most of them seem to focus on adding options to the multiplayer.

All in all I give this game a 3 out of 5 the story could have been done better, but its still fun to play. *Hey I passed my 1000 post mark*

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
francesis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my copy today and I thought it's pretty good besides the really short story, I mean it felt like it was pushing the story way to fast.

The multiplayer is awsome, because all the modes are pretty balanced

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im debating on whether or not to get a GC... If I do I would end up getting the Starfox's and a couple of other games Smile

How cheap are they now?

francesis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$99.95 for a new one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: