Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You should check this one out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharc_Vulpus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: You should check this one out. Reply with quote

If you haven't alreayd you should Check out the .Hack games on the PS2.

Yes I know they are old by kids of today standards but they are still good.

You play a Kite and outlaw player in an Online game known as "The World"
In truth this game is awsome. I played it for hours with out putting the controller down.

If you don't know anything about the series, your first time into the game your best friend get's "killed" by a strange creature. You find out later that he goes into a Coma in real life. You soon gain the ability to Data drain monsters. It rewrites their data and you get virus cores. This are important so you can gate hack into protected areas. But don't do it too much or it's game over. The beauty of this game is, there are an infinate lvl of places to go, you don't awalys have to do the main stuff first and tehre will be times when you are waiting for the story to progess.

There are four games to the series and each one continues the story. If you beat the first completely your data on your memory card get's flagged and it can move on to the second. So on and so fourth.

Along the way you'll meet interesting Characters in which you can add to your party. they will help you along the way. there will be times when you can only add certain people to your party. But they usally hold your own. This is real time bombat as well and you can't control the otehr players just like as if it were a real Online game.

All in al lit gets a supprising 9 out of 10. Ride the Grunty.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the first game in the series awhile back, because I'm a fan of the show. But, well, I was abit disappointed really. Not sure what I expected, but I got bored with it after a couple of days.

Besides, simulated MMO's are no match for the real thing. Very Happy

Asalis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually played and owned all four parts to that game. I loved it. The game play is easy to pick up and get into once you start. The battles also add a bitr of a challenge some what. Though you only controll one chatracter you can still give commands to the rest of the party to alert them what skills or attack formations to use.

It even has a unique method of traversing different levels through something called a gate and uses a three word command system to determin ceertain factors in a level. these are A) what the level looks like, B) its difficulty level, and C) what enemies you encounter there, but not in that order. it provides a near infinite amount of possabile levels to traverse each with a subsaquent dungion attached.

There are also mutiple other characters you encounter along the way who join you in your epic adventure.

However this is where the hype of the game ends. The game its self gets very repetitive very fast. At the most your left with constant button mashing and simple commands issued whenever you encounter any enemies. You can traverse the dungions you encounter with rellative ease. And in order for you to progress you must traverse through them to get three items from a chest at the end. Or reach and defeat a boss at the end of some of them only to return to the main server and proceed through another level. Sometimes you must read e-mail you get from you friend in order to get a three word combination to proceed to the next level. Another thing is that with each new installment of the game there is nothing new added making you wonder why didn't they just wait and finish all four disks then sold them all at once, rather than seperatly. However the plot of the story line more than makes up for all of this as it goes.

With all that in mind I think it deserves at least a 4 out of 5.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Sharc_Vulpus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing I don't happen to like about his game are the virus cores themselves. If you get to many you get a higher infection and soon you are having to work that infection down because you are only pulling items off monsters insted of the cores you need.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah you data drain them too much and reach the critivcal red level infection its an instant game over. Got that once and wasted an hour of game play and had to reobtain all the items I had fron the last time I saved.

We, dig, giant robots!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U

I hate the DMV
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Skype Name
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: