Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT: Eric Schwartz's Animations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan Fox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:51 pm    Post subject: OT: Eric Schwartz's Animations Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hortmage:
Only ID10T or DFU’s will try to play a 220kbps file with a 56kbps modem directly.

Well, at least I fulfilled one of my life's goals -- to provide endless amusement for my fellow man!

While apparently not as advanced a computer guru as some, I still consider myself slightly above the idiot or dufus level. In my day job, I go out of my way to share information, making it as easy as possible for my clientele to access it.

It kinda boggles my mind that a high caliber artist, such as Eric Schwartz, who writes/draws about computer users, would dangle his artwork (animated) on his web site, and make it nigh on impossible for the average fan to download it.

It also hurts a little to have someone offer a LINK to a reformatted version of said animation, only to chortle when someone innocently clicks on said LINK and bogs down his computer....

Hortmage sniffles a little, and gathers what shreds of dignity he has left.

Thanks anyway, folks.... I didn't really NEED to see those strips....

Hortmage slowly exits the forum, dropping wilted leaves in his wake....

Oh! Man! What have I done!
I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to be nasty or anything,none of that was… it’s just that… *Sighs*
It was late and I had fried egg for brains…

[ April 15, 2002: Message edited by: Ryan Fox ]
Galadrion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject: OT: Eric Schwartz's Animations Reply with quote

Don't panic, Ryan. I've been in touch with Hortmage, and he asked me to pass this on:
quote:

Please forward this to the forum, as I won't have a chance 'til this evening (somehow, my office e-mail appears to be on my profile, which I'll need to change asap).

1. Thanks for the note, Galadrion, and for taking the time to mediate.
2. No hard feelings to anyone, especially and including Ryan. I was getting frustrated with my inability to perform what appeared to be a simple operation. Plus my medication was wearing off.
3. I do not intend to completely withdraw from the Sabrina/Tabitha forum. I will, however, lurk until I have something worthwhile to contribute (or if Chris ever posts another chapter....).
4. Using Galdrion's suggestions, I will be honored to check out any other animations that Ryan (or others) have the time and inclination to offer.
5. If anyone has any SIMPLE ideas as to how to download and other animations, I'd be interested. I found an unzipper program suggested by someone, but it only partially unpacks the .lha files before developing a run error. If there is no SIMPLE way to do this, then never mind.
6. There is no number 6.
7. I will swing by the forum again when I get a chance. Thanks!

Hortmage, The Magic Gardener

And hopefully, all's well that ends well. Blessed be, and peace unto you all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryan Fox

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:19 am    Post subject: OT: Eric Schwartz's Animations Reply with quote

I have an announcement to make:
I’ll be hosting a page on the PF domain, providing users access to ES production’s animations. It’ll be completely user friendly and even the most inexperienced of users will be able to download and view Eric’s work.

It’s about high time that I provide something in return to the members of the Planetfurry domain… and this is it, well not exactly, but it’s something at least.

So… I’ll be ripping, cutting and encoding away…

Fox
Galadrion

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2002 11:35 am    Post subject: OT: Eric Schwartz's Animations Reply with quote

Sounds great! I'll be watching for it - but in case I'm off watch when it happens, please, PLEASE make an announcement!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: