Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sabrinaverse Interlock - The Other crossovers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfen_Furry wrote:
The reason as to why I do not add to this one, which aint fear of posting as somebody asked in a PM, is my lack of knowledge in this area. I predate to the early Robot-Tech days, and I know things have changed since then.

Just adding my 2cents.

Well, then it's the right time to start. Since they lost the trails the makers of Battletech (the now dead FASA, isn't it?) had to erase everything they copied from Robotech (and a few other animes), what basically means the 12 (?) orginal Mech (including well loved machines like the Warhammer and the Marauder *sniff*)So Battelech doesn't have much to do with Robotech anymore Smile

Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2002 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon: thought you might be interested in this. Shouldn't take you but five seconds to figure out what this means.

http://www.classicbattletech.com/Project_Phoenix.html

You may now recommence irreverent, hyperactive cheering. Wink

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbird wrote:
Tygon: thought you might be interested in this. Shouldn't take you but five seconds to figure out what this means.

Well YEE-freakin- HA! About time the old mechs were updated and brought forward!!

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbird wrote:

Oh yes, that is interesting... I'm not yet sure if I should cheer though... I'll have to think a bit she see how these 'new' Mech feel... if they feel like the good old machines.

Well, at least the Phoenix Hawk got a decent armament again. Putting a second ER-L-Laser in there was about the worst idea ever Smile

I'll let you know what I think about Project Phoenix as soon as I know.

Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, from what I've seen they did some major improvements to the Mechs. The Locust is a lot faster now (as if wasn't already fast enough Wink) and as I already said, the Phoenix Hawk's armament improved dramatically.

Regarding the design I'm still not sure. You can recognize the classic Mechs but the changed dramatically. Of course necessary or they wouldn't be able to put them out.

One thing I find funny is that the Marauder's torso cannon now really is placed on the right side. For those who don't know, in the classic version it was on the top of the Mech where by design it should be able to rotate 360 degrees, what it of course couldn't becaus according to the rules the weapon was not in (or on) the center torso but on the right torso. I think with these new turret rules out they didn't want to do that anymore.

I still have to check out a few of them but from the technical point of view they look very good. I still have to decide about the design and (if I find somebody to play BT with me Sad)try them out in the game but if they bring back the feeling of the classic Mechs it might be worth it Smile

whiterabbit
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know apretty big BT fan out there in Germany, problem is, you'll have to find him. Email me for his AIM addy.

Back in action!

Anyone who calls themselves normal is either a fascist or a liar.
Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, this is probably going to get me yelled at (again), not to mention earn me the prolonged enmity of EWS. But who cares. Laughing

Has anyone ever considered a Sabrinaverse/ Vampire: the Masquerade crossover?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"...right, so the Malkavian walks into a bar-"

"-and promptly gets the **** knocked out of him by an unnamed Brujah Gray Coyote..."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider the possibilities.

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbird wrote:
Alright, this is probably going to get me yelled at (again), not to mention earn me the prolonged enmity of EWS. But who cares. Laughing

"-and promptly gets the **** knocked out of him by an unnamed Brujah Gray Coyote..."

Sounds like a nice idea but I don't know anything about that game Confused

Fishburne
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbird wrote:

Good grief!
Give it a go!!!

SkunkFox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishburne wrote:
Jbird wrote:

Good grief!
Give it a go!!!

Either you do it Jbird or I will....well actually I'd more then likely go a little nuts with it. Rolling Eyes Heh heh you all know I would go way over the top with it too...*considers an Sabrina/DeathKnights crossover*...EWS will kill me if I did that too.

SkunkFox now with bullet proof vest *something work gave me*, and a neck guard *no sucking of this hybrids blood!*

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elfen_Furry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jbird wrote:

Good Grief! Legalized Night Time Hunting, why dont you! Twisted Evil
At least it would lower crime.

I would consider it but I got Vampire's Drought (http://www.fernandogutierrez.net/personal/stories/vampire/index.html ) to finish first.... Even then, Bianca would kill me if I attempt anything other than having her step out of persona.

-Elfen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Skype Name
Tygon
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacking a better place a just post it here. Maybe the BT fans here already know it but anyway.

http://forum.twobt.de/thread.php?threadid=140

This will take you to the forum of a German Battletech site. You will find an English text there that is ABSOLUTELY hillarious. At least for Battletech fans. BTW: it helps knowing the BT background story (meaning: having read the novels) or you won't can't most if the insider and running jokes.

Oh, and bring an hour or so. It's quite a lot to read but well worth it Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> fishburne All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: