Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 4.4 Status
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Chapter 4.4 Status Reply with quote

This one's getting written primarily at the computer because I need to have so much of Rava's Chapter 4 available as I write. Currently I've got two pages done and proofed by Mike. I'll leave commenting on what's he's seen to his discretion. Those two pages primarily serve to set the scene for what follows. Wink Rolling Eyes

Cheers,
Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's grown somewhat since the last posting, another page or so. Various events from this summer and early fall have conspired to considerably slow this one down. OTOH, it has made it easy for me to adapt to Rava's casting changes. It's a toss up as to whether this one or my "Rune" entry will get more attention next.

Cheers,
Cateagle

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject: EH, It's Been a While... Reply with quote

Since I updated here. Basically, Farewell for a Friend consumed msot of my creative energies for the first half of the year (I hope y'all consider that worthwhile) but I have done some more pencil draft on this installment. Basically, this installment and the other story I'm working on are receiving equal priority in keyboarding and first-round editting; then we'll take them from where I have them now. This installment, in draft form, is just getting to the "interesting" part, Galadrian & Kinsfire, that we discussed some time back where the quote regarding "proper conduct" is used. (note: a little contest here, if anyfur can, from this brief description, tell me the book and author that quote comes from, I'll see what I can do about writing you in for a cameo. You have a week from this posting to PM or email me with the answer).

Edit: What now shows as "conduct" was "behavior". Since I had an error there, the deadline for the contest is extended to a week from today.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the writing on 4.4 continues apace. I sent Mike Regan what I have for an in-process edit and both he and Chris liked the passage with "proper conduct" used. I'm not going to give any definite dates for completion, but the writing proceeds apace.
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the writing, I'm past the main points of interweaving with Chapter 4 of Rava's Story and am now looking at the consequences of these events for my characters. There will be several consequences, some long term and some short term, and telling whether some are good or bad will take the perspective of future developments to tell for certain.
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: ::Pant, pant:: Reply with quote

well, 4.4 is finally finished in initial draft and is off to the editors for comment & markup and to Chris Yost for his approval. I'm hoping to be able to have Mike post the final version on my birthday, but hoping to have everything back by Thursday so I can incorporate necessary changes and get the final version to The Old Gray Raccoon is going to be problematical. The final draft runs to 19-1/2 pages and I had to add one endnote simply because I wasn't certain everyone would understand a particular reference I wanted to use.

PS. Since I've not seen it mentioned here, my sincere condolences to Chris Yost; that's not a situation I'd wish on anyone. If you've checked out The FoxxDen since Sunday, you know what I mean. I'm, *sigh*, not in a position to help him but I would hope that some here would be able to.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope y'all consider this worth the wait. *chuckle* As I said earlier, it would've wrapped up a tad sooner if Lee & Debbye hadn't insisted that certain things needed to happen. Anyway, 4.5 is already under way and I don't expect it to take as long, at least I hope there aren't as many besetting ills this time.

Consider it my birthday present to my readers.

Cheers,
Cateagle

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<looks around> No comments? I can't say I'm truely surprised given the 19 months between 4.3 and 4.4. I've gotten a couple private communications so I know some folk have been reading it.

In other news, both DSL and phone connections were down yesterday, so I got to work on 4.5, which is now on page 6 and running. *chuckle* I need to research a couple items for absolute accuracy, but Debbye is about to find out that there's more to Lee than what she's seen. Very Happy This chapter already has some fun repartee between the members of George Squirrel's family.

There is another furry story I'm working on, but any posting of that one will have to wait until I've got the Adult portion of my site fully up and running, it's a spicy "slice of life" story/romance. For those who might be interested, the first chapter is "Errant Knight".

Last edited by Cateagle on Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAH!! I keep forgetting to read the dang thing I've been busy with my own story first draft is finished now I'm just cleaning it up chapter by chapter now hope to have it ready soon.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On thing about 4.4 that I most definitely would like feedback on. As is obvious to those who've read both, it intertwines with Chapter 4 of "Rava's Story". I'd be interested in feedback on how well it manages to do that.
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you update your site anytime soon?
I'm still waiting for a non-PDF version of the chapter... Sad

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Will you update your site anytime soon?
I'm still waiting for a non-PDF version of the chapter... Sad

Most likely over Christmas as it takes me some time produce clean html. If you wish, i'll be glad to send you the .doc file for this chapter, just drop me a PM.

Cheers,
Cateagle

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.

From what I remember, it seems to mesh well with Rava's story, but then again, I have not read the revised version, so I can't really tell.

It struck me as strange that Clarence had trouble recognizing Debbye.

Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nameless wrote:
Nice.

From what I remember, it seems to mesh well with Rava's story, but then again, I have not read the revised version, so I can't really tell.

It struck me as strange that Clarence had trouble recognizing Debbye.

Well, it was night and parking lot lights aren't the greatest for showing colors well. *G* In addition, I don't think he'd ever seen Debbye in a dress that fancy. Note that he did think it could be her but just wasn't completely sure.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
Well, it was night and parking lot lights aren't the greatest for showing colors well. *G* In addition, I don't think he'd ever seen Debbye in a dress that fancy. Note that he did think it could be her but just wasn't completely sure.

I know...
it's just that the way his thoughts were worded, it sounded as if...
he hadn't seen her before, but recognized her from a description or something like that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> cateagle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: