Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Three new comics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Webcomic Portal
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwalimu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Three new comics Reply with quote

Three new comics that I think look promising and am keeping an eye on...

Deer Me by Sheryl Schopfer. Anyone who has ever tried to manage dealer's tables at a con might be able to sympathize with the opening storyline.

Exterminatus Now by a team that goes by the names of Eastwood, Silversword, Lothar Hex, and The Virus. Features some comical heroes in a film noir setting. The first storyline includes appearances by a couple of really sexy femmes.

The Foxfire Chronicles by Luke Turner and Michael Donelly. A group of young adult humans has been transformed into canids without their consent, and are now being held in a biological weapons research facility.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mwalimu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: More new comics Reply with quote

More recent additions...

Nothing Normal by Katie L. Bowman. The fate of the world hangs on a group of teens who love to goof off. Too early to tell how well this one will turn out

Twokinds by Tom Fischbach. An adventure in which a human who has lost his memory has befriended a female of the tiger-like Keidran race. So far this one looks very interesting and could hold a lot of surprises. Good anime-style artwork.

Catena by Tracy Pierce. Triess, a spotted feline, moves into a house with some very odd and amusing characters, a couple of whom sport angel wings.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dragon-Kitsune

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can't offer three new ones but here's one. Carpe Diem
mwalimu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't plan it this way, but for some reason, new comics that catch my interest seem to come in threes. In this case, DK beat me to the puch on one of them - Carpe Deim by Graveyard Greg and Redkam. The artist is actually Gaby Fullerton, who some of you might remember from Trials and Trivializations, which has been inactive for about the last year.

Cross Time Cafe is a joint effort headed up by WhitePony, and features characters from Freefall and 21st Century Fox (both of whose creators have also contributed to the strip), among others.

Apollo 9, by Longtail, is the adventures of a crew of misfits who were sent on a dead-end mission in an aging spacecraft. But it seems this attempt by their superiors to keep them out of trouble is doomed to failure...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Guess Good Things Come In Threes Reply with quote

mwalimu wrote:
I didn't plan it this way, but for some reason, new comics that catch my interest seem to come in threes.
I guess three is just your lucky number... and ours, since you share the new stuff to read.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Guess Good Things Come In Threes Reply with quote

mwalimu wrote:
I didn't plan it this way, but for some reason, new comics that catch my interest seem to come in threes.
I guess three is just your lucky number... and ours, since you share the new stuff to read.
mwalimu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per my tradition, here are three more new comics to check out:

Heroes of Middlecenter by Ed M. and Christy P. Another adventure comic, this one about four young furs who form a team that might someday have to save their land.

Inverloch by Sarah Ellerton. A young horned wolf meets an elf maiden whose best friend disappeared some years earlier, and takes on the quest of finding him.

Mountain Poutine by Lisa "HollyAnn" Cotton. New comic by an artist familiar to many, the central character is the creator's namesake, a purple and yellow vixen.

mwalimu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's three more:

Las Lindas by Gonzalo “Chalo” Reyes and Devin "SoulKat" Leonhart is about a girl who inherits a farm, tries to run it on her own, and eventually enlists the aid of a colorful cast of characters.

The Chronicles of A by Andrew Chen - don't let the simple graphics fool you - in only a few months this strip has already gotten surprisingly deep into philosophical issues of class separation.

Six Pack of Otters by Beanie is still early in the storyline and a little rough around the edges but looks promising.

Lurch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I add Dracula . This is one worth mentioning, as the art is very interesting and dark. Very much of my liking. This story follows Bram Stoker's Dracula chapter for chapter, and is currently on 6.
andrewsw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwalimu wrote:
The Chronicles of A by Andrew Chen - don't let the simple graphics fool you - in only a few months this strip has already gotten surprisingly deep into philosophical issues of class separation.

Thank you for the compliment!

Enola Straight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwalimu wrote:
Mountain Poutine by Lisa "HollyAnn" Cotton. New comic by an artist familiar to many, the central character is the creator's namesake, a purple and yellow vixen.

I remember her when she was on "In a Perfect World"...a now-defunct webcomic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Webcomic Portal All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: