Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COMPUTER GAMING

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: COMPUTER GAMING Reply with quote

Okay I’ve been meaning to put this up since I opened the forum but kept getting side tracked by well computer games this here thread in case you couldn't have guessed it is for the discussion of computer games past and present, have fun.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: ONLINE GAMES Reply with quote

I like playing online games RPGs and MMORPGs I haven't played Unreal tournament or other games of that type except for Tribes I tend to suck at those so they are just exorcises in frustration for me.

I have played many MMORPGs Meridian 59 (till they shut it down), Ultima Online, EverQuest, Jumpgate, EVE Online, right now I'm playing Star Wars Galaxies and it's by far my favorite although it's also the most expensive $15 a mo. server fees but I pay 6 mo. at a time so I catch a bit of a price break. It's pretty cool as it is one of the few online games I've seen where concentrate full time on trade skills and not have to engage in combat at all. Currently on one server I have a Bothen Bounty Hunter and on another I have a Human medic who I am trying to work up to master Doctor. Of course it is possible to play a Jedi but each account can only have one character that is in tune to the Force but that character has to be unlocked by the actions of the main character and it's different for each account so there is no spoiler to follow, there are limited hints in game though you can find Holocrons that point you in the right direction but only the first three will work after that your on your own therefore there will be very few Jedi but it is rather addicting.

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay yeah I know it’s been a long while since I posted here but I just finished a game I think is worth mentioning. Far Cry is by far the best FPS I have ever seen, the only word I can think of to describe the graphics is "Lush" a bit of warning you'd better have a video card with some balls or don't even think about running this one. The games use of ambient light and shadow is great you can wait at a corner in a dimly lit hallway with an enemy walking up and down the other length and use his shadow to know when he was walking away so you can sneak up behind him and use a knife to take him out quietly. To go over all the features would take to long just trust me if your video card is beefy enough you'll love this game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> styx All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: