Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

City of Heroes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: City of Heroes Reply with quote

What an awesome game.

nothing like wearing a tight leader suit, flack jacket, slap on some lipstick and go to the Paragorn Streets to rid the world of EBUL!!

I wasn't too thrilled about the idea of shelling out 15 bucks a month to play... but dammit, once i played CoH, i couldn't stop, its that awesome.

Here's the skinny on my current characters, yes i made her for fun, but it turned out that she kicks ass.

The Mistresss: A freak accident in her former dayjob as a hair dresser left her wondering about what was going wrong in the world. So she decided to do something about it.

Now she dresses in a tight black leather suit, cat ears, a utility belt, no chewing gum and all willingness to kick some ass the old fashioned way.

She's currently lvl 13 science scrapper, *almost* 14, some friends and contacts that think im a girl Razz And a lot of bruised thugs.

I'm about to finish all my sub lvl 10 missions, soooo lots of fun stuff to kick around.

About the graphics... its no Doom 3, granted, but it does look good, specially tight leather pants on a girl Very Happy.

Sound... apropriate FX like, BIFF, POW, KRAK!!, THUD!!, make it fun.

controls: i've been a FPS player mostly, so this... rpg getting used to make me the end of PRG-retard jokes everywhere. Interesting configuration, easy to get used to, learning curve is about 30 minutes, or a day if you are like me Razz

Fun factor: *Censored* YES!! nothing like riding a train to the next city amongst meere mortals, thugs calling you cowled freak, or the doctor at the local clinic, just shaking his head in disaprovement about seeing you heal after a beat up provided by a bunch of local evil doers.

the icing in the cake was provided by these 2 small happenings.

1. With a newly formed team, we beat the crap out of this creepy guy and his minions, and we where running down the street to the City Hall for a new mission briefing, i heard a strange buzzing noise, and turned to see where it came from, running along with us, was this 3 piece suited dude, fedora hat, all blue colored, his steps spewed fire leaving a dash of brilliance in his path... his name "The Insurance Guy" XD

Had me laughing and choking for a good 20 minutes, i had to take a pee break then.

2. Every super hero meeting at the Atlas Park Plaza, under the duh, Atlas statue. Everyone is chatting, kicking back, dancing, etc. So freaking neat to see so much frea... dom fighters. And getting mistaken for a girl Rolling Eyes

well, RPGing is about fun right? so that's what i'm doing, if you have a CoH account, lemme know, i hang out at the Liberty Server, under the alias of "The Mistresss" *poses heroically* Wink

elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mwahahaha...

lvl 14: Added "Super Speeeeeeed" *ZING!!!*

LOVE IT!!!

Jbird
Forum Hatchetman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"City of Heroes" was on display at GenCon. The expansion "City of Villains" will be out in spring '05. Also, they've signed the writers of the "Temple of Elemental Evil" arc to do the storyline. (Ever seen 50,000 people cheer at once? I have now.)

I'll pick it up when the expansion pack comes out, so I can create my uncompromising badass. Prancing-ass do-gooders beware.

(00:40:05) nbz: you win at the motherf***ing internet O_O
elMaxx
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! my "Mistresss" has a 14 level lead ahead of you evil doer!!

Wink

And runs away fast if needed too LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> The Planetfurry Gamer's Guild All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: