Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chapter 13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry_Hound wrote:
taspacecampjh wrote:
Henry_Hound wrote:
taspacecampjh wrote:
*hugs racky raccoon with a strait jacket*
sounds like your not quite ready to come outa the jacket eather

Who here ever is ready to come out of the straight jacket? Well except for me cause I'm Nepolean Bonipart Ruler of the Universe and any and all parralel dimensions. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Ok so I put you down for the super deluxe strait jacket with the automated nurale shocker addon kit

ALL RIGHT!!!!! I get the add on kit. Very Happy

I'm not even gonna try to follow any of that

Quote:
And great work on the chapte Chris. I can hardly wait for the next
one.

Thanks!

Wheels are officially in motion!

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tygon wrote:
Oh, that is goining to be interesting... Very Happy

Great writing, Chris.

Danke sehr! Smile

Herr Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hortmage wrote:
Hoo-yah! Planetfurry back up, and a new chapter from Chris!!! Very Happy

So many tangles and sadnesses have been cleared up...and yet so many new tangles are forming...

....Eehhhxcellent.... Smile

That just means I'm doing it right Smile Thanks! Smile
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Styx wrote:
Great job on this one Chris I only have one problem with continuity. While looking through the obituary she asks if she marries the guy she seeing.

Quote:
Her eyes scanned the first two paragraphs before she lifted her head. “This says ‘Sabrina Foxx’.�

Oh ****, she doesn’t know yet!

Sabrina’s eyes skimmed along, narrowing as she read her own obituary. She looked up, eyes glistening, bewildered. “Are you … sure … this is me?�

Tabitha nodded.

She shifted to the next one, from the Columbus Dispatch, and skimmed it as well. “My last name isn’t Foxx.� Sabrina again faced her sister. “You’re telling me that I’m marrying the guy I’m dating now??�

Again, Tabitha nodded silently.

“But … but I’ve only known him a few months. We haven’t even … and you’re saying … this is saying I’m going to marry him?�

Now assuming that Sabrina is meaning that she and Chris had never slept together then there is a discrepancy with the timeline in Tabitha and the one in SOtS. Tabitha meets up with her sister and brings her forward in time on the day from Sabrina's perspective she was laid off from her first web design job I had posted something in another thread in this forum that illustrates what I’m getting at.

Okay according to SOtS

Chapter 9: Chris & Sabrina make love for the first time

Chapter 11: Sabrina tells Chris she's been placed "on an unpaid infinite vacation" from her first web design job.

Chapter 17: Sabrina tells Chris about her new job at the studio.

Anyway not that it’s a major thing, it’s easily dismissed I kind of notice these things.

Who says that's what she's referring to? Wink

(Translation: Oops! I can't believe I did that! Embarassed )

Chris
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as I said it’s a small detail not really worth mentioning except for a character flaw witch compels me to do so and I don't know why. Given the time between chapters (not a criticism) and the amount of time that has gone by since you wrote those SOtS chapters its understandable how that oversight was made. I did enjoy reading the chapter in any event and I think though that if Tabitha is successful in saving Sabrina then the whole timeline will change accordingly and everyone with it, so when she returned from taking her sister back to her own time it would be like none of it ever happened from Tabby's perspective she'll be returning from observing the assassination as she was supposed to do and only Sabrina would know what happened.

Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case Tabitha will never know to go back in time to save Sabrina. Sabrina will never get the medication to cure the medical condition, Sabrina will never get the warning, and Sabrina will be on that stretch of highway and will die again in witch Tabitha will try to prevent in which that will create a time paradox that could cause huge amounts of problems.
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed you'd have a paradox, for example say you travel back in time to meet your father before he even got married you get in an argument and kill your father. If you father dies before he ever has children you can never be born. If you were never born how can you travel back in time to kill your father?

Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. That is why I believe that Tabitha's mission to save Sabrina can only end in failer. She may save Sabrina from getting hit by that truck but ultimately I belive Sabrina will be killed in some way or another, and probably around the same time as the first time she died.
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah you are suggesting a "Final destination" type of situation Death will not be cheated sort of thing? Well I for one can think of one very good reason why Tabitha will succeed in saving Sabrina.

Mapper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm the stuff in that envelope should have changed from car wreck to missing also now she knows about the miscarage which means she may have 2 kits now, being I think she'll do everything in her power to save the little one. Being that if the evelope hasn't changed then the past hasn't changed. I think, but Like with Richard we don't know how many times she's gone into the past to resolve this.
My head is hurting again I will just sit back an leave this to chris. heheh Wink

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course the history may take some time to change. especialy if it's something that causes a lot of changes but I think Mapper's right about the envelope. That info should have changed to missing. But we know that Sabrina is going to get sent back. So the fact that the information hasn't changed means that if there is a change it's not big, maybe add on a couple more kids, but that's it.
Mapper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The envelope may be something to the plot that tabby hasn't realized yet the interesting fact now is that with the info given to sabby and nothing has changed other than some minor things should alert tabby that something still went wrong, another jump to the day of the accident may be all that is needed. Either disable her car or the tractor trailer. A simple delay of 3 minutes or less would be all thats needed. But then a plot twist, what if her causing the delay caused the accident in the first place.
Oh boy time for bed. 12+shifts ain't cutting it.

Av by GreyCat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Concolor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhhhhhh, yes! Finally! Thweeeet!

Frankly, good sir, I didn't pick up on any of this 'lack' of which you spoke. It was crisp and real and fresh and crunchy and I'll have another helping if you don't mind. Very Happy

Henry_Hound

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mapper wrote:
The envelope may be something to the plot that tabby hasn't realized yet the interesting fact now is that with the info given to sabby and nothing has changed other than some minor things should alert tabby that something still went wrong, another jump to the day of the accident may be all that is needed. Either disable her car or the tractor trailer. A simple delay of 3 minutes or less would be all thats needed. But then a plot twist, what if her causing the delay caused the accident in the first place.
Oh boy time for bed. 12+shifts ain't cutting it.

That is a very good point. Tabitha's interferance with the timeline could very well be the cause of the crash in the first place. Sabrina will most likely have more kids now thanks to Tabitha but the fact remains that the information in the envelope did not change when it should have. Tabitha's memory should have changed as well but it hasn't. which means either the change hasn't taken place yet or she failed to save Sabrina.

sniktch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Or it means that those who change the past are not affected directly by the changes they make. Note that Tabitha STILL REMEMBERS that Richard died, while no-one else does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Tabitha the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: