Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tiffany
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Tiffany Reply with quote

Apparently some posts got lost in the crash...

Anyway, I posted the first chapter of this new story right before PF crashed, so I'll have to repeat the post. Also, I have not been able to log into my FTP account, so currently my site on PF is not up to date, only the mirror site on bearion.com.

A new story (as if I did not work on enough of them...) called "Tiffany". The first chapter "Day 1" has been posted.
I'm trying something new, let's call it "2nd person perspective". Does it work? Or is this a stupid idea?

This story was inspired by "Kennel Companion" by vladspellbinder. He only wrote one chapter (until now, at least).

It's a bit adulty, but in a "From the Depths" kind of way. There won't be explicit scenes but more than a few hints.

Have fun.

Update:
Whip fixed the password for my FTP account and my main site has now been updated as well.

anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting beginning.

The change of perspective is a nice change, too.

I once had an idea of a similar story, but never did anything about it.
(Just as well, as it wouldn't have been as good as this first chapter...)

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
vladspellbinder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm a very nice story. The POV is something I have thought about using myself more than once but could never get it to work out right, I'm still trying though. ^_^

I can see the semblance between my story and your own, same yet two distinctly different things.

I fell good that my story sparked this idea for you, yet I fell bad at the same time because you have so many story to work on already (such as The Visitors ::hint hint::). Yet I know the felling very well. I'm always getting new story ideas that butt in on my other story ideas and I have to sort them out and pin one down to work on it for a few days.

I just love the little 'speech' Judge Scallion says, mind if I tweak it some and use it in my own story at some point?

Don't mind the horns, they are only there to hold up the halo
Fiendly bloodsucker signing off for now 0>:)

P: retteb elttil a emit ruoy dneps

Last edited by vladspellbinder on Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vladspellbinder wrote:
I just love the little ‘speech’ Judge Scallion says, mind if I tweak it some and use it in my own story at some point?

'Course not!
That is, I wouldn't mind.

Nosnibor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice start to a (probably) nice story. It's a shame that a certain deliberate typo won't be appropriate (changing the T into a Y). Mr. Green

That "2nd person perspective" thing produces a feeling of foreboding, even without the first paragraph. Nobody alive would listen to such a long monologue without saying anything. Smile
Also, it singles out the two main characters, marks them as special.There's the narrator ("I") and there's Tiffany ("You"). All other characters are just third persons, moved to the background by the very grammar. Not a stupid idea at all.
Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosnibor wrote:
It's a shame that a certain deliberate typo won't be appropriate (changing the T into a Y). Mr. Green

Well, I have been thinking about doing an adult version of it. Rolling Eyes I probably won't, but... Wink

Shadu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like it. it looks very promessing and i hope to see a new chapter soon.
Tommy Fox Stone
Post Master

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read it, very nice story Nameless, I look forwar too the next chapter...

Doctor Of PF
CSA.

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 2 has been posted.
vladspellbinder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice chapter…In fact it’s what I needed to get over my Writers Pyramid (I don’t have ‘blocks’ thank you very much…) on KC…ground rules, my char needs to establish ground rules…I knew I was missing something in my idea, thanks Nameless…hopefully I’ll be able to make some time to work on it soon…last week of the semester so I’ll be pressed for time…

Very nice but it does have a few problems I set aside while reading…

Near the start after the second white line break spacethingy…
"Yes..." You did the point, gave me a tight smile and got up to refill the cup.
Maybe you meant You got the point ?

Three Paragraphs under that one in
I will probably respect your whish and
“wish”, one too many “h”s

At the mall with ‘Dee’
"You paw, please." Tiffany held out her paw
“your”, left our the “r”

Shortly after that you remention that Dee is into the equal rights movement, which you stated when they first meet her. Your mixing your time frames
I soon found out that she was the owner of the shop and that 4 of the anthros working there also belonged to her. And that she was an avid supporter of the equal rights movement
We chatted for a while, she gave me several useful tips on how to treat you, brought up some interesting points about the laws governing anthros. I also found out that she was active in the equal rights movement.

One once again a little while after that
You don't know how happy I am that I got to smell it only so rarely after the first few days, both because I didn't like it at all and because it meant that you weren't afraid any more
You switching from “the now” to “the past”, of is it “the past” to “that now”?
Is Martin remembering all this happening or is it from his perception as it happens?
Uhh, from latter parts it’s like he’s reflecting back on what happened…I still think it would be better to have it as it happens not him remembering it happen…unless you have something planed for that angle of approach…

Writers help writers by pointing out things…I know I have been helped when people do this so I do it as well. Criticism is a good thing when done right. A good Chapter can be made great though it. But if used wrong a good story can be killed…
Keep up the very good work ^_^

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vladspellbinder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know if this works out right we could be the driving forces behind each story…Your Chapter Two gave me the push needed for mine and maybe my Chapter Two will give you the push for your Chapter Three like my Chapter One gave you a push for your Chapter One and so on…never know, could be interesting if that happened…another idea might be a “cross over” at some point…

But I believe the Anthros in your world where being made while the ones in mine where being born in the wild…maybe the ‘made’ Anthros where ‘finally perfected’ by a born one?…just an idea I just had after hitting “submit” on my last post…

Nameless
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for catching the mistakes. I did notice that the thing about Dee and the equal rights movement was there twice, but I left it on purpose.
From the very first paragraph it should be clear that Martin is remembering this (or telling it to someone or something). There will be the occasional jump in time frames or a change to a different stream of thought.

The furs in my story were created. Given the current rate of research, I think we'll be able to do this in a decade or two (If research in this direction is not forbidden.)

Smile BTW... Your last post was the post from hell, that is post number 666 in my forum. Twisted Evil Wink

vladspellbinder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh goody!
I always like being 666 on something...but did you know that the number might not be 666? The number mentioned on thoses scrolls might be 626 insted.
Both numbers are the 'names' of two people that where around at the time that where threating the Christains and all that...And the characters for "6" and "2" look alot alike...

History chanle has some good thigns on it every so often...

Furry_wolf2001b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: YAY! Reply with quote

Good chapter. Very Happy

Murr she sounds so cudlsome...
(or its just the mood i am in right now.. ) Wink

AmigaDragon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that this is not a purely 2nd person narrative, I'd call it a combination of 1st and 2nd. Why? He's part of the story.

Or am I wrong about this?

Eagerly waiting to see more of this story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> nameless All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: