Planetfurry BBS Forum Index Planetfurry BBS
Forums for Planetfurry Site Members and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   DonateDonate   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August Sabrina Online
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hikaru
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta undertand that I'm old school kind of guy. When a girl puts out on the first date, she's considered a slut, eh? That's just my view.

As for Chris's story, I've specifically said that Chris's version of her followed what I consider to be proper. Unless I've completely lost my mind, I seem to recall that he and Sabrina didn't hop into bed on the frist date.

I still like to read Sabrina-Online, but much of the magic has vanished for me when she went from the wide-eyed innocent to the hump-and-grunt on the first date. Once you pop that cherry, you can never get it back.

"Coming to you Live and Transcribed..." - TVDave
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hikaru wrote:
Gotta undertand that I'm old school kind of guy. When a girl puts out on the first date, she's considered a slut, eh? That's just my view.

As for Chris's story, I've specifically said that Chris's version of her followed what I consider to be proper. Unless I've completely lost my mind, I seem to recall that he and Sabrina didn't hop into bed on the frist date.

Nope, your mind's good and intact Smile In fact, it was a few months before they went to bed ... well, couch ... although before that, heavy petting was implied Smile

What I gather from the strip is that Sabrina was jealous because Amy had someone she loved and wasn't shy about it, and she had no one. So the minute someone showed an interest in her, she did what she did. As I understand it, Eric also took some heat from the fans because it went so fast.

My opinion, it was way out of character for her. I don't believe she would behave that way, which is why in The Story it took so long; she had to feel she loved Chris enough before she made the thoughtful decision to offer herself to him. And as The Story progresses we will see that her naivete is going to fade over time rather than disappear altogether, although some strains will still be there.

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay this is my take on it, and I hope Chris will forgive me, but I don't really think the first time they slept together as their first date there was the time they spent getting to know each other chatting online. Now the first dates in a relationship is really nothing more then a getting to know you period but it seems that Sabrina and RC had done that while chatting and started developing feelings for one and other so that the first time they met face to face at the con they were instantly comfortable together. So it could be argued that that they had dated for sometime online before they jumped in the sack. Yeah I know I got a little worked up over a comic strip character but this is nothing I wanted to skin the good Mr. Foxx alive after reading Tabitha ch.6.

Cirrel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting that many furs found Sabrina's innocent naivete appealing. Of course it's appealing. That's why we like pets and little kids. The 'innocent' look works well for them. However, innocent naivete in adults usually translates into 'clueless', or in a word - stupid. I think a word that would better describe Sabrina is 'wholesome'. A rather corney, old-fashiond word, but it describes someone that values the 'goodness' in life.

And yes, you can have wholsome sex, but 'innocent' sex? That seems a contradiction in terms.

Wholesome Cirrel - a good part of this complete breakfast. Very Happy

Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cirrel wrote:
It's interesting that many furs found Sabrina's innocent naivete appealing. Of course it's appealing. That's why we like pets and little kids. The 'innocent' look works well for them. However, innocent naivete in adults usually translates into 'clueless', or in a word - stupid. I think a word that would better describe Sabrina is 'wholesome'. A rather corney, old-fashiond word, but it describes someone that values the 'goodness' in life.

That was Sabrina's charm. If I can get it together tonight I'll post a bit I've been threatening to post for a long time, There's Something about Sabrina, in which I go over this. Sabrina's naivete and upbringing make her a little old-fashioned in some areas, contemporary in others, and when you add her nearsightedness and self-consciousness to the mix, you find a very girl-next-door type, which is what draws guys to liking her so much. In contrast to Amy, they're night and day, even though they're the best of friends. Ask Amy out (when she was single) and she'd suggest you do something to yourself beginning with the 6th letter of the alphabet. Ask Sabrina out (before she got engaged), you've got at least a 50% chance she'll accept. All parts of what makes Sabrina Sabrina. Which is why I love her Smile

Chris!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I tend to think of this along the lines of Good Little Girls by Blue Country. Chris, would I be correct in thinking that Lee will be finding this out, to his pleasure, when he marries Debbye?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
Well, I tend to think of this along the lines of Good Little Girls by Blue Country. Chris, would I be correct in thinking that Lee will be finding this out, to his pleasure, when he marries Debbye?

Pretty much, yeah Smile

Only I don't know just how "wild" a woman she'd be ... and she sticks her tongue out at country/western Wink

Other than that, yeah, I think so Smile

CR
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:
Cateagle wrote:

Pretty much, yeah Smile

Only I don't know just how "wild" a woman she'd be ... and she sticks her tongue out at country/western Wink

*Chuckle* Since Lee does like it, I suspect she's going to learn to at least tolerate it[/quote]

Oh yeah, she'd do that all right Smile

In fact, out of The Clique, probably the one closest to liking country/western (please note the deliberate absence of the word "music" Wink ) would probably be Cindy. Her mom likes it, and Cindy seems to, too.

Chris

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cateagle
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:
Cateagle wrote:

Pretty much, yeah Smile

*Chuckle* Since Lee does like it, I suspect she's going to learn to at least tolerate it

In fact, out of The Clique, probably the one closest to liking country/western (please note the deliberate absence of the word "music" Wink ) would probably be Cindy. Her mom likes it, and Cindy seems to, too.

Chris[/quote]

How the heck did you manage to edit into my post????

Styx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris is the mod of this forum he can edit all posts made here not just his own.

ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cateagle wrote:
Cateagle wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:
Cateagle wrote:

Pretty much, yeah Smile

*Chuckle* Since Lee does like it, I suspect she's going to learn to at least tolerate it

Quote:

Chris

How the heck did you manage to edit into my post????

I did?

Sure didn't mean to if I did ... now I've gotta go see, and remember what I did! Smile

CR
anthony
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisFoxx wrote:

Sure didn't mean to if I did ... now I've gotta go see, and remember what I did! Smile

You clicked on the 'Edit' button instead of the 'Quote' button on his post.

It's quite handy if someone inadvertantly drops a spoiler or something.
Just don't overdo it...
(I once deleted a topic in my forum, and the heat from that.... ouch...)

Like my Avatar?
Why not surf over to www.micecomics.com and tell Mary what a stellar job she did...
ChrisFoxx
Site Owner
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anthony wrote:
ChrisFoxx wrote:

You clicked on the 'Edit' button instead of the 'Quote' button on his post.

D'OH!

Sheesh, I'm sorry about that. If I did, no clue HOW I did. I usually want to click Edit sometimes and always hit the Quote Confused

Quote:
It's quite handy if someone inadvertantly drops a spoiler or something.
Just don't overdo it...
(I once deleted a topic in my forum, and the heat from that.... ouch...)

Ikin diggit

CR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planetfurry BBS Forum Index -> Sabrina Online the Story All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: